Moving from British Gas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

garystu1965

Car
Mercedes E350 CDI Coupe
Today, myself, my girlfriend and my parents are all moving from British Gas out of principle. Sorry if there's a thread somewhere else.

Stuff 'em. The robbin bstards.

Everyone is moving or fixing at the mo due to price increases...

Don't jump out of the frying pan into the fire.....

I've just changed from Npower to E-on

Seem to pay a fortune for gas, something to do with the wife liking the temperature like a tropical forest :)

'The groups operating profits are 19% below last year after the group felt the impact of rising wholesale costs at British Gas, where profits fell 69%'

but it's British gas that decided to put it up a whopping 35%

but it's British gas that decided to put it up a whopping 35%

watch the rest...like sheep

All BG have done is copy EDF.... now wait for the rest to follow suit.

In reality profit of £166m for a company the size of British Gas is not that big, what are their margins? Unless you look at the full picture you will not get a true representation of it.

Just read in the paper as you guys don't want me to link to it said the price of gas just dropped from a cliff. Someone at Centrica made a bungle, paid exorbitant price for bidding wrongly and expect their customers to pay for it. British Gas a former government department never efficient.

Look at the way they bungle gas boilers as reported in WatchDog.:eek:

Everyone is moving or fixing at the mo due to price increases...

Don't jump out of the frying pan into the fire.....

I've just changed from Npower to E-on

Seem to pay a fortune for gas, something to do with the wife liking the temperature like a tropical forest :)

I am doing it out of priciple. I'm awating a call from E-on as my Dad has just changed to them. They had written to him a while back saying they'd overcharged him and gave him a £35 credit. That's one reason he switched to them.

I'm going for the fixed plan til Oct 2009.

That's what I have done, with the 'free' energy meter so I can sit back and watch the pennies clocking up...

I am doing it out of priciple. I'm awating a call from E-on as my Dad has just changed to them. They had written to him a while back saying they'd overcharged him and gave him a £35 credit. That's one reason he switched to them.

That doesn't make sense. He switched to the after they had overcharged him.?

My last gas bill from British Gas was zero, I have decided to dump gas entirely.

Just read in the paper as you guys don't want me to link to it said the price of gas just dropped from a cliff. Someone at Centrica made a bungle, paid exorbitant price for bidding wrongly and expect their customers to pay for it. British Gas a former government department never efficient.

Look at the way they bungle gas boilers as reported in WatchDog.:eek:

Wholsesale gas prices at the end of last year was so low they couldn't give it away yet the European buyers made an almighty C**k up by linking in to fixed price deals and as Dragon says now they are expecting their customers to pay for it, not just Centrica though all the Western European buyers fell into the same trap

My last gas bill from British Gas was zero, I have decided to dump gas entirely.

So how are you heating your house? Nice cheap OIL.....electricity ???:crazy:

Or solid fuel.......:)

I froze my Gas & Electric Back in 2003 until 2010... best thing i've done in ages looking at it now.
On the radio today, they telling people to cancel existing supplier and re-sign witht them on the current price freeze til 2011.

On another note i just got my free energy saving lightbulbs, what a total waste as i dont have a single bayonet fitting light in the house

So how are you heating your house? Nice cheap OIL.....electricity ???:crazy:

Or solid fuel.......:)
It's only ever had two gas fires downstairs for heating and one of them has now been disabled, the other will also be gone in the not-too-distant. This house has never had central heating and I've not used any heating at all since very early this year.

Water heating has always been via immersion.

In the future I will probably go for electric central heating boiler (works like gas only can be installed by anyone and can go anywhere) with radiators throughout, maybe solid fuel in one room and maybe underfloor heating depending on budget.

Which as profits fell by 69% is not passing on the full downturn.

It's all relative. Profits fell by 69% ? So they are in deep financial cr&p are they ? Don't think so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom