Moving old emails

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chattonmill

MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 E55 AMG
I have just bought the OH a Samsung NC10 to replace her clunky old Laptop.
Is there a way to move her old emails from the old Laptop to the new one.
Both machines are running Outlook.
Thanks!
Max

you may also wish to run migwiz. - very useful.

If you have all the mail (and contacts calendar too) that you want to transfer stored in Outlook go to the "File" menu and go to "import/export" and "Export to a file" you can then save each folder as a .pst file on some portable media which can be imported into the new instance of Outlook on your new lap top by selecting "import from a file".

you may also wish to run migwiz. - very useful.

Use caution here as this has a tendency to migrate problems as well as data. Personally, I'd just copy the PST's from the old PC to the new one.

Use caution here as this has a tendency to migrate problems as well as data. Personally, I'd just copy the PST's from the old PC to the new one.

I would agree with that if it is only the PSTs you want to migrate.
Dont forget there may also be archive PSTs

So I would archive everything to a specified file and then move that and unarchive it in the new one.
I tried searching for .pst this morning and drew a blank do I need to put *.pst in the search function?

So I would archive everything to a specified file and then move that and unarchive it in the new one.

You can simply copy the PST to your new computer and point Outlook to that file. Oulook can read the PST and display all your email and folders exactly as you had before.

Tools-Options-Mail Setup-Data Files (Outlook 2007)

I tried searching for .pst this morning and drew a blank do I need to put *.pst in the search function?

Yes, search for *.pst

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom