Moving on up - SLK to SL

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jacksona

Car
2014 SL 350 AMG Sport, Cavansite Blue, Porcelain Leather
Hi All,

After a little over 2 years, it's time for me to move on from the 2013 R172 SLK 250 CDI, which I've absolutely loved owning. It had Airscarf & Parktronic, but I'll never understand why the original owner didn't specify the Mirror pack (your eyes are at everyone else's headlight level), and scrimping on the £95 Auto-wipers is just stupid.

So later this week, I'm collecting my new pre-facelift 2014 R231 SL 350, and I could not be more excited about the spec (below). Unlike the SLK, the previous owner didn't hold back on the box-ticking, and it looks stunning in Cavansite Blue/Porcelain Nappa/Black Ash.

I'll post some pictures when I've got it (and the weather's a bit brighter!)

Is there a site that has more detailed descriptions? I'm curious as to what's included in "950 AMG Sports Package", for example.

Thanks!

AJ.

----------------------------------------------------------

General Data

FIN WDD231***********
Model SL 350
Engine 276954 30 579213
Transmission 722906 05 273464
Order Number 0 3 537 55106
Order Location GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND
Interior LEATHER/NAPPA/SEMI-ANILINE - BEIGE (815A)
Paint 1 CAVANSITE BLUE METALLIC FINISH (890U)

Code Description
06A OIL OFFSET AMOUNT +600 ML OIL
09T CARBON-REINFORCED PLASTIC INSIDE PART OF TRUNK LID
192 STEUERCODE NAG2-GETRIEBE MIT D1 STAND
199 APPLICATION CODE FOR COMPONENT PROCESSING
205B OWNERS MANUAL AND SERVICE RECORD - ENGLISH
218 REAR-VIEW CAMERA
235 ACTIVE PARK ASSIST
246 ANALOG CLOCK
249 INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR MIRROR,AUTOMATICALLY DIMMING
255B MB MOBILO WITH DSB AND GGD
277 SPORTS STEERING WHEEL
283B AIRBAGLABLE - ENGLISH
285 DRAFT STOP (FABRIC DESIGN)
309 CUP HOLDER
335B INSTRUMENT CLUSTER/HU LANGUAGE - ENGLISH
347 EMERGENCY CALL SYSTEM ECALL EUROPE
403 AIRSCARF SYSTEM AT FRONT
415 GLASS ROOF (ROADSTER)
427 AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION 7-SPEED
461 INSTRUMENT WITH MILES IND. AND ENGLISH LEGEND
477 TIRE PRESSURE LOSS WARNER
481 UNDERSHIELDS
486 SPORTS SUSPENSION
500 ELECTRIC FOLDING OUTSIDE MIRROR
502 3 YEARS OF MAP UPDATES FREE OF CHARGE
513 TRAFFIC SIGN RECOGNITION
518 UNIVERSAL COMMUNICATIONS INTERFACE (UCI)
527 COMAND DVD APS WITH NAVIGATION
537 DIGITAL RADIO STANDARD DAB (DIGI. AUDIO BROADC.)
537L GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND
581 AUTOMATIC CLIMATE CONTROL
5XXL EUROPE
608 AUTOMATIC HIGH BEAM SWITCH (IHC)
621 HEADLAMP WITH ILS, LEFT-HAND TRAFFIC
666 PRODUCT PROT.F.TRANSPORT VEH. W/O TIE-DOWN HOOKS
736 TRIM PIECES - ASH TREE WOOD BLACK (2A70)
770 AMG 19" SPOKED WHEELS WITH MIXED TIRES
772 AMG STYLING PACKAGE-FRONT SPOILER, SIDE SKIRT
800A LEATHER/NAPPA/SEMI-ANILINE
804 YOM 13/1
810 PREMIUM SOUND SYSTEM
815A LEATHER/NAPPA/SEMI-ANILINE - BEIGE
817 SIREN BRACKET FOR INCREASED THEFT PROTECTION
873 SEAT HEATER FOR LEFT AND RIGHT FRONT SEATS
874 AQUABLADE INCL. HEATED WINDSHIELD WASHER SYSTEM
877 AMBIENCE ILLUMINATION
881 REMOTE TRUNK LOCKING
882 SENSOR SYSTEM AND ANTITHEFT ALARM SYSTEM
885 HIGHTEN THEFT PROTECTION
890U CAVANSITE BLUE METALLIC FINISH
91U ROOF INTERIOR TRIM, BLACK FOIL
920 GASOLINE DIRECT INJ. W/ STRATIFIED CHARGE (DES)
928 EXHAUST GAS CLEANING WITH EURO 5 TECHNOLOGY
950 AMG SPORTS PACKAGE
966 COC PAPER EURO 5 TECH. W/O REGIST. CERT. PART 2
97V SPEED- + LOADINDEX 96Y XL+98Y XL
989 IDENTIFICATION LABEL UNDER WINDSHIELD
A20 STARTER GENERATOR
A21 SHIFT BY WIRE
A23 CAP
A63 FE TORQUE CONVERTER HOUSING-0
A64 FE CONVERTER 0 MM
A89 REDUCED-FRICTION
A99 U-VALVE BODY ASSEMBLY WITH VGS 4-0
B03 DIRECT START / ECO START/STOP FUNCTION
B09 REFRIGERANT COMPRESSOR WITH MAGNETIC COUPLING
B51 TIREFIT
D5B No code designation available
F231 MODEL SERIES 231
FR ROADSTER
G906 TRANSMISSION CODE VERSION 06
GA AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
HA REAR AXLE
J5A DSM: STAR1 FBS4 UPDATE
K11 ADAPTIVE STOP LIGHT FLASHING
K13 CONTROL CODE FOR SERVICE INTERVAL 25000 KM
M276 V6-GASOLINE ENGINE M276
M35 DISPLACEMENT 3.5 LITER
R RIGHT-HAND STEERING
R01 SUMMER TIRES
U18 AUTOMATIC CHILD SEAT RECOGNITATION (AKSE)
U26 FLOOR MATS - AMG
U28 H.D. BRAKES
U47 SPOILER LIP
U60 PEDESTRIAN PROTECTION - ACTIVE ENGINE HOOD
U72 DVD PLAYER WITH REGIONAL CODE 2, EUROPE, JAPAN
VL FRONT AXLE HALF, LEFT
VR FRONT AXLE HALF, RIGHT

That’s sounds lovely, I like the porcelain interior.

Just reading through that spec, Adaptive stop light flashing !
Does that mean the stop light flashes when braking hard. I seem to recall that from a road test report a few years back but I don’t think it’s on many of our cars today or am I wrong !

Anyway enjoy your new wheels.

From memory I think the sport package is lowered suspension, boot spoiler and upgraded wheels.

Pics asap please ;-)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

:ttiuwp:ttiuwp:ttiuwp:ttiuwp

Well, since I haven't picked it up yet, here's some of the pics from Autotrader... :)

Fullsizeoutput_1203
Fullsizeoutput_1200
Fullsizeoutput_120a
Fullsizeoutput_11fe
Fullsizeoutput_1207

Turns out it genuinely has only had one lady owner! :) It's like new, with only 22,000 miles on the clock...

The V5C for the SLK on it's original registration has arrived, so looks like tomorrow is the day! :D:D:D

That looks lovely - great colour combination. On the SLK ... people are odd when it comes to factory options - my SL was specced with adaptive damping (expensive), but not heated seats (cheap)!

That looks lovely - great colour combination. On the SLK ... people are odd when it comes to factory options - my SL was specced with adaptive damping (expensive), but not heated seats (cheap)!

People are indeed odd! TBH, when I bought the SLK it didn't occur to me for a moment that auto-dimming mirrors and auto-wipers wouldn't have been standard.

I definitely won't miss being blinded by the mirrors, and constantly having to flick the wipers in drizzle...

That’s sounds lovely, I like the porcelain interior.

Just reading through that spec, Adaptive stop light flashing !
Does that mean the stop light flashes when braking hard. I seem to recall that from a road test report a few years back but I don’t think it’s on many of our cars today or am I wrong !

Anyway enjoy your new wheels.
When braking hard from above a certain speed - hazards also get activated depending on speed when hitting brakes

Hi All,

After a little over 2 years, it's time for me to move on from the 2013 R172 SLK 250 CDI, which I've absolutely loved owning. It had Airscarf & Parktronic, but I'll never understand why the original owner didn't specify the Mirror pack (your eyes are at everyone else's headlight level), and scrimping on the £95 Auto-wipers is just stupid.

So later this week, I'm collecting my new pre-facelift 2014 R231 SL 350, and I could not be more excited about the spec (below). Unlike the SLK, the previous owner didn't hold back on the box-ticking, and it looks stunning in Cavansite Blue/Porcelain Nappa/Black Ash.

I'll post some pictures when I've got it (and the weather's a bit brighter!)

Is there a site that has more detailed descriptions? I'm curious as to what's included in "950 AMG Sports Package", for example.

Thanks!

AJ.

----------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the club! I also moved up from a SLK (350 R172). The SL is a big step up after a SLK.

On mine the AMG Sports Package is ---- bigger brake disks, AMG Wheels, AMG body styling, "sports" exhaust, and the jewel in the crown...AMG floor mats. Agree not adding the wipers (mine has the magic vision as standard) and mirrors is crazy but MB are a little weird how they set up their options and sometimes choosing one item deletes another.

Last edited by a moderator:
when I bought the SLK it didn't occur to me for a moment that auto-dimming mirrors and auto-wipers wouldn't have been standard.
I don't know how they decide on these things. Our C Class has standard auto lights and dimming mirrors, but not auto wipers. My SL has auto wipers and dimming mirrors, but not auto lights!

People are indeed odd! TBH, when I bought the SLK it didn't occur to me for a moment that auto-dimming mirrors and auto-wipers wouldn't have been standard.

I definitely won't miss being blinded by the mirrors, and constantly having to flick the wipers in drizzle...
Mercedes do odd things with the standard and optional equipment, when I changed from a 2009 ML to a 2012 ML a few items that were standard on the 2009 car were options on the 2012 car.

Love the colour of your car, suits the SL very well.

Welcome to the club, as said above the AMG package adds bigger brakes which are the ones from the 500. Let me know if you can tell any difference when using the active dampers as i can't lol

Welcome to the club, as said above the AMG package adds bigger brakes which are the ones from the 500. Let me know if you can tell any difference when using the active dampers as i can't lol

I have ABC and there is a distinct difference between C and S+ with a more subtle difference in S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom