Moving on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It will be interesting to see how you get on with this. The GS is too small for me inside, but is a competant car and should be reliable. Be aware of interior wear, it's a common issue on Lexus.

there is no such thing as the trouble free car

I'm on my 4th s-class now and they have all been trouble-free as far as I am concerned. My only gripe would be that the previous one died at just 100K miles (broken timing chain) which really should not have happened at that age, but then again I did come to an agreement with Mercedes on that which I doubt other brands would have done.

On this one, I had the cats changed under warranty but at an age and mileage that it was pretty routine to get them changes.

Most importantly for me: every time I get into another car, it strikes me how good my s-class really is in comparison. And every time I drive it, it brings a big smile to my face. :)

But! That's only my experience, and I accept yours is different and of course you are right to shop with your feet! Best of luck with the nice Lexus and do stay around!

Good luck with the new car, it looks very nice!

As others have said please let us all know how you get on. I had a Lexus hire car recently and whilst it did not have the soul of my MB (very subjective - I know) it felt very well built and put a HUGE smile on my face when I drove it. A lexus will definitely be on my shopping list when I change cars.

Morning all
Just to let you know the Lexus GS300 is a brilliant car and I am enjoying driving it in all fairness it knocks the pants off my C-200 in drive quality and comfort but more than anything overall trim and paint finish and it is also undersealed.

Lexus forum is a load of rubbish I have always said this one is unbeatable and it turns out to be correct.

Lexus forum takes too long to reply and there is no expertise on there unlike this forum all you get is have you tried ebay or sorry can't help you perhaps somebody else can.

Anyway take care all

Norman

Lexus forum is a load of rubbish
Unlike the cars

Hi Norman,
Glad to hear your liking the car and I can imagine it being nicer than your old Mercedes.

Nice to see you

Regards
John

Brother had a is200 when they were new around 6 years ago now. He did 120K miles in that car over 18months

NOTHING went wrong, it was a auto 2.0.

I've heared no bad reports on them, you enjoy the car.

I bought a MX5 from Dublin years ago and was picked up at the airport in a GS300 (twin turbo) boy did that thing move.

Enjoy all the toys also its full of them :)

Once people have a car I thing some put the old rose tinted glasses on, yes I like my merc, yes I liked my BMW's, Mazda's etc etc etc but it is nice to try different stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom