Moving Service indicator

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SargeBenz

Car
S212 E350 Sport
I took the W211 in to the dealer for some routine warranty work on Monday under my Service Contract.

When it went in, the service indicator stated 2,800 miles to go for a Service D. Now I have it back, the service indicator states 8,800 miles to go for a Service C.

I know they updated some software for a battery controller, and a gateway, but this change in service indicator seems very strange.

The car will be going back to the Dealer, but I wondered if anyone else had a similar experience with moving Service indicators ?

Yep, they often move in the last few thousand or even hundreds of mles. Always up to a higher letter too!

If the car is out of warranty I suppose that you could insist on whatever service you think should be done.

Apparently the Assyst works out the mileage rate as it is approaching a service and then applies that to the due or overdue mileage for the service.

On my 209, I ran around over 600 miles in one day, and it showed service B due in 1000 miles - I went on holiday and when I came back it showed 2500 overdue :crazy:

I believe it is different on the very new vehicles

They probably just reset it incorrectly.. they can put it back to what it was on the star.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom