Moving something from Dagenham to Harrogate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pammy

MB Enthusiast
Car
hers - slk 320, his - dull diesel BMW fleet :/, Xtrail, Honda CBR 1100xx, Yamaha YZF600, Ribble Road
I wonder if anyone can help.

I've seen something on ebay that is a proper bargain if I can get it at the right price but it's for buyer collection only due to size and weight. Prob weighs in the region of 90kg, with dimensions of 150cm x 90cm x 70cm - pure guesswork on that.

Any ideas how I could get it from there to here and potential cost?

Hi Pammy,
There are plenty of 'pallet' hire Haulage companies. You merely pay for the weight of the goods, it is secured onto a pallet and delivered.

Hopefully someone here might know the names of the companies that do this.

Cost for the weight Scotland to South Wet England expect maximum £70 - £80

John

Well, buyer collection only means all forms of postage are out. Unless, someone you can trust can collect, then post. Maybe the seller would agree to you arranging your own courier to collect from them?

An enquiry straight to a national courier should give you your answer.

A local "man-and-a-van" Sameday courier service should do this Pammy. Yellow Pages is a good place to try. Make sure he's got decent insurance cover though.

I recently had a man collect some stuff from me (Coventry), deliver it to Cheltenham, drive to Plymouth, pick up something else and bring it back to me all in a day, for £150-odd.

Other over-night couriers will be cheaper, but the bigger the organisation, the greater the risk of damage (before anybody argues, I know wherefrom I speak, having previously been in the industry for 12 years)

Square Moves (www.moves.co.uk) combine domestic removals with a courier service, and have the kind of coverage you need. I don't have much idea on their prices anymore, I'm afraid.

The other concern you'll have is that when you arrange a third-party collection (company collects from seller, and delivers to you), you are reliant on the quality of the packaging provided by the seller. That's why a sameday operator or small firm is best, as they'll hand-hold the consignment all the way, whereas TNT or Parceline et al will bung it on a truck, then on a conveyor, then on the floor, then another conveyor, etc until it finally gets to you. If the packaging wasn't up to the job, then your stuff's crunched.

Not too helpful, I know. But hopefully there's something in there you can use.

Maybe a fire-chain of MB estates between Dagenham and you? Each one would only need to travel 20 or so miles to the next, and within, say, eight weeks, the package could be at your door :D

PJ

imadoofus said:
Maybe a fire-chain of MB estates between Dagenham and you? Each one would only need to travel 20 or so miles to the next, and within, say, eight weeks, the package could be at your door :D

PJ

lol - AA/MB Relay at work :D

thanks for that info guys - very helpful. I'll make some enquiries - trust me to need the info on a Sunday though :rolleyes: :crazy:

Pammy, Palletline work across the yard from us, would you like me to get a quote for you?

Ian B Walker said:
Pammy, Palletline work across the yard from us, would you like me to get a quote for you?

Ian - that would be great thanks.

My main prob is for this one - I need to know by this afternoon - so I think I might miss this one - as everywhere's shut on a Sunday. But I'll still keep trying. But it would be useful info if I do miss this one today as I'm going to be on the look out for a while. It's a treadmill btw :D need to get hubby on one :D

Thanks.

pammy said:
It's a treadmill btw :D need to get hubby on one :D

Thanks.

Why waste cash on a treadmill when he could save you money pushing Edna arround. :devil: :D

Phoned - and no reply - they'll be shut.

I'll try tomorrow though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom