MP3 Experts - How do I get all my CDs onto DVD MP3

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Goldfish11

Car
C220 CDI (09/11 - Facelift) & SLK200
I am just about to get the MP3 upgrade for my Comand 2.0 DVD system on the W211. I am completely new to MP3 so a few tips would be appreciated.

I have got Nero 6 DVD burning software and paid the extra so I can do unlimited MP3 "rips" so I can now "rip" my CD albums into MP3 format. My goal is to transfer all my CDs into MP3 format and put them onto a DVD so I can put it in the car.

Can anyone give my some tips for getting my folders and files sorted so I can get the same sort of screens as seen here

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=71801

Do you just create a folder for each CD and "rip" the CD into this folder. This would then create a file for each track within the folder?

Can I then have a higher level folder, for a particular artist, e.g. Kylie :D and then have all her albums in individual folders?

Will Comand then navigate this?

Any advice would be appreciated. I am considering getting an ipod in the future so want to get all the file structures in a form that can easily moved to this also.

Do you just create a folder for each CD and "rip" the CD into this folder. This would then create a file for each track within the folder?

That's all I did and it looks like the images in the link.

Can I then have a higher level folder, for a particular artist, e.g. Kylie and then have all her albums in individual folders?
Will Comand then navigate this?

I havn't tried that but I think it does.

Hi,

Would this also work on CD based COMANDS? Can they play MP3s or indeed can they be upgraded to run MP3 CDs from the changer?

thanks

DB1

you'd have to make sure the unit can play MP3s from a DVD. A lot of ICE will only recognise MP3s that are recorded onto a CD-R/RW. It relates to slightly different ISO standards.

Have a look at something like Musicmatch software which will rip and categorise CDs for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom