MP3 onto dvd

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gollom

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
I have done this before but seem to have forgotten what to do!

Simply want to put a bunch of MP3's (I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue - funniest programme ever. Fact :rock:) onto a DVD to play on my NTG1. I know it plays MP3 on DVD as I already have one in the car that works. I thought I just simply copied them over but whilst it brings up the track names it just sorta crackles and pops but no sound. The MP3's play fine on my PC.

Over to the panel!

A mp3 cd will use about 120 tracks of 4-5 minutes. Use a CD?

Got 4GB of them..... :eek:

Can use a CD but would have to do multiple ones. Not necessarily a big problem, but also annoyed I can't remember how to do it!

Simply want to put a bunch of MP3's (I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue - funniest programme ever. Fact :rock:) onto a DVD to play on my NTG1. I know it plays MP3 on DVD as I already have one in the car that works. I thought I just simply copied them over but whilst it brings up the track names it just sorta crackles and pops but no sound. The MP3's play fine on my PC.

Over to the panel!

Wonder if there are different kinds of MP3 files? I say this as pretty sure I just copy them over and the track titles show - but just hear crackles and pops! :dk:

you can play mp3's on your pc because it will play mp3s.

i dont know what a ntg1 is but i'm guessing its your car cd player? in which case it wont play mp3s? you say you have one already in the car? i assume that is a cd burnt from an mp3, the burning of the disc has converted it from mp3 to cd format.....i think!

you'll need to burn cds unless your ntg1 is an mp3 player, in which case you would have an aux connection to run you stick through?.....i think!

you can play mp3's on your pc because it will play mp3s.

i dont know what a ntg1 is but i'm guessing its your car cd player? in which case it wont play mp3s? you say you have one already in the car? i assume that is a cd burnt from an mp3, the burning of the disc has converted it from mp3 to cd format.....i think!

you'll need to burn cds unless your ntg1 is an mp3 player, in which case you would have an aux connection to run you stick through?.....i think!

NTG1 is the version of COMAND the OP has which supports DVD, not just CD. It will play MP3 files from DVD and he's done that successfully before it's just how ever he's done it this time it hasn't worked. I suspect the source MP3 file or file structure is to blame.

do they support dvd mp3 or dvd for movies? its been years since i dealt with mp3s on a dvd :D

i only play 2 cds or i plug my ipod in! and my car is an 03

i wasn't aware that there was something that would play the mp3s from a dvd disc. i've got thousands of albums on dvds, to many to convert, might have to look into some day!

This was my original thread on the subject:

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/electronics/108129-playing-mp3-music-w211-e-class.html

Only updates I can think of to it would be:

1) Ensure you record the disc at the slowest possible speed.
2) I find all CDs ripped at 320Kbps using Windows Media Player work fine. However, I downloaded a few using a 'free Napster' offer with a new PC and some from Amazon - I find these have a bit of fun starting up (bit of a crackly scratch sound and it starts) but after 1 or 2 seconds it gets going and plays fine.

Sorted!!!!

Simples!

Discovered it does not like the files at /root level but they must be within a /folder. Disc has a folder call ISIHAC and all is well :bannana:

Over to the panel!

Simples!

Discovered it does not like the files at /root level but they must be within a /folder. Disc has a folder call ISIHAC and all is well :bannana:

If you use iTunes, just create a playlist with all your albums inside and then click burn. Sorts it all for you, selectable by album on the screen, dash etc etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom