MP4 - MP3 video files

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianmo

Car
CLS W218
I have just taken delivery of my first Mercedes in nearly 30 years (CLS 218) my question is:
Can comand play video files from the SD card if I convert them from MP4 to MP3, I know that the video will be blanked out during motion but should still play the music?

I don't know if your COMAND unit can play video files but in any case mp3 is an audio only format. You are correct in that if, say, you have the optional TV tuner fitted, the video signals are blanked while the car is moving. (As an aside, on my car I can go as fast as I like in reverse and the video remains on. Probably to allow a reversing camera.)

You could try extracting the audio from the mp4 files and converting it to mp3. These mp3 files might then play.

You could try extracting the audio from the mp4 files and converting it to mp3. These mp3 files might then play.

I have converted the files to mp3 and they play fine, what I was hoping for was to be able to add all of my music videos onto the hard drive, would I have to burn these onto a disc and could they then be added to the hdd and what format would it need to be in? :dk:
It's easy in my Touareg as it just accepts the mp4 file from the sd card and loads the to the hdd. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom