Mpg after w203 2006 a service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zebmapara

Car
w203 2006 c180 avan
hi guys, my car just came back after A SERVICE,its a c180 kom, 2006, 55000miles and i have just noticed that i struggle to achieve the MPG i used to before it went in. to and from work i used to get abt 38-40 mpg but since the last 3 days i can barely get to 30mpg. same conditions thus traffic, distance and driving style. any ideas. thanks

I have a similar car (though Classic trim rather than Avantgarde), and to be honest I can't think of anything that might cause it... the A-Service is just an oil and filter change. They don't even take the wheels off.

Have they done any 'additional' items - e.g. Air Filter, Fuel Filter, Spark Plugs, Discs and Pads, etc?

If the changed any of the above then maybe they got something wrong - e.g. wrong type of spark plugs, or the brakes are binding/rubbing... but other than that I can't think of anything on an A-service that can cause this.

Perhaps it is a coincidence? Have the Air Filter, Fuel Filter, and Spark Plugs been changed as per the MB schedule, i.e. every 4 years?

I wonder what oil they used?

I can't imagine oil viscosity making any noticeable difference and if it was too full the the high oil warning would be on.

Maybe they've switched the auto box from comfort to sport!

Most obvious thing would be a leak somewhere - but is the fuel filter changed at this age/mileage on a petrol/

guys i am back with some gud news, drove to work this morning and kept both eyes on the mpg display, and the car performed as expected. i did the usual 40 mpg and on my way bek managed 42mpg. thanks for the advice and the tips

...if it was too full the the high oil warning would be on...

The C180K ain't got one...
biggrin.gif

Only a low oil level warning. :(

The privilege of high oil level warning is reserved for the dipstick-less diesels (and *some* petrols).

While petrol engines won't exactly have fun if they had too much oil, unlike diesels, they won't commit instant suicide either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom