MPG and Exhaust

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kerabo

Car
2006 C220 Estate
Can anyone tell me if the 2006 C220 has a regen cycle to clean the Cat or DPF filter if fitted?

I watch the mpg closely and at times wonder why it falls so low. My last car had this regen phase and it used to fall very low as the extra fuel was burnt to clean the system.

Thanks Ken

Post your vin and we can check

Thanks for that
The vin is WDB2032082F795322

Thanks

One thing I do notice is that the average fuel if I keep resetting is very high for the first few miles. Wondering if the rear axle oil is very thick because by then the engine is hot.
My start figure is 43mpg but on a steady 50 that drops to mid 30s and then if reset when well warned through will give high 40s and a best of 54.

Resetting only improves things because you tend to be on the move. Setting off will be lower usually because you are starting from stopped.
My car will show 99mpg...with the engine off. Your average is for the whole journey from start to finish...adjusting mid journey doesn't change a thing.

If you use 1 gallon of fuel and travel 30 miles, then your average is 30 mpg...obviously.
If you use another gallon but travel 60 miles, then your average for those 60 miles is 60 mpg, again, obviously.
But your average for the whole journey is 45 mpg.

Oh yes I realise all that it's just that at a steady given speed it's at least 10mpg down to after its done 10 miles or so.
I know hen they are trying to do a regen the mpg drops drastically.

Giving it a go on the expensive Diesel just to compare and there is deff a difference.

Thanks Ken

Sorry
Exhaust Gas self cleaning
926 I think it was

What's it cleaning then the Cat? Or dies it just mean clean gasses.

Something not clean considering the bloody road tax at £299.

What's it cleaning then the Cat? Or dies it just mean clean gasses.

Something not clean considering the bloody road tax at £299.

I guess that code refers to the EGR and CAT? Not 100% certain tbh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom