MPG Display

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smithy53

Car
C250
Got a mate's C220 for a week on a test drive while he's away.

One question I have is on the screen where it says "From Reset" and "From Start" the MPG on display doesn't adjust in jumps of 0.1 sometimes it can be 1.1 or 1.2 etc, the other day after I'd travelled over 200 miles the screen was showing 54.3MPG now if was to change either up or down it would have shown 55.4MPG or 53.2MPG instead of 54.4MPG or 54.2MPG is this what other peoples displays show or has this one got a problem?

It doesn't change in increments of 0.1 it jumps in set units, which vary slightly, generally 0.5, 0.6, 0.7 units.

I don't look at it all the time so it's possible it does bigger jumps but I've only ever seen mine do 0.1 increments.

Hi,
I imagine the software is calculating in litres per kilometer then converting and displaying this in equivalent mpg - which will be in set increments.
My old BMW display had a range of mpg numbers that were always seen - with gaps in numbers that were never displayed.
It showed numbers like 51.3, 51.8, 52.4 etc - but never the numbers in between these.
Cheers
Steve

For an hour or so, mine read 47.1, then suddenly jumped to 47.9. I sometimes wonder if the little brain freezes for a period, then wakes up again. Occasionally, the figure has been replaced with little dashes, as it is unable to do a simple calculation.

Also, in the CLS it doesn't seem to update on the fly, but rather at intervals of several minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom