MPG Figures

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BIKERSV

Car
CLK 320 Cabriolet
i hav'nt had my 1999 clk 320 cab for long, its averaging about 18mpg around town at the moment is that about right?

cheers.

Hi,

Parkers state 25-26 mpg combined, but that would be at new, so I would guess 23-24mpg. What sort of journeys have you been doing?

Just read that its around town, will always be a fair bit lower than combined average, 18-20 is not that far off.

Short journeys = hungry car

thanks for the reply they are all usually short trips so that must be about right then.....

The fact that you havn't had it long probably menas your playing with it more.

Also cold weather through town is not good, heating, lights, radio, etc all on.

I was getting 20mpg out of a 330 bmw convertible round round and that was manual. So your mpg sounds about right to me.

Funny enough my bus likes to drink round town :)

Hi I would say that’s about right I have a 2003 CLK 320 just now in town I’m getting about 19-20 mpg.

Jim.

I didnt really drop much below that with the C43 :D AMG makes so much sense.

If your journeys are short - by that i mean 3-4 miles from cold then you stop then your doing well.

Mine's a diesel and struggles at 23mpg until warm and on the motorway then will get up to 45mpg.

My mate has an 02 320clk and on regular runs up to Blackpool averages 34-35 driving a legal + speeds most of the way.
Its only 1-2mpg worse than a Rover 75 2.5V6 that he had previously so they do quite good mpg considering the extra weight and power of the engine.

Thats about right, you should be able to get 30mpg on a decent run though.

I do very few short journeys in my CLK but I would say about 20mpg would be about right. I average 30-35mpg on long journeys, sticking to the speed limit. Heavy petrol automatics do suffer in short journeys sadly.

Thanks for all the replys, i did'nt mention but it is an auto which probably doesnt help fuel consumption...

Hi

sounds about the same as i got out of my 1999 CLK 320 Cabrio Automatic communiting into Edinburgh everyday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom