MPG (makes no sense to me!)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Originally posted by fuzzer
Nope , my 180k will do 615 miles on a tank and the 220 CDI will do 707 on a single tank . :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

:eek: :eek:

WOW !! have you got an extra large fuel tank or something ? or do you drive in your slippers, with cotton wool beneath foot & the pedal, at a constant speed of 52mph or something ?

That is mighty impressive !

Am I the only person not getting 600 miles to a tank ?

S.

Nope , sitting on the motorway coming back up the road last week 40 MPG at 80MPH.

The 203 and 210 have 70 litre tanks on them.

Im well impressed with the MPG on the petrol car . Just imagine if i had bought that 220 i was looking at :)

Originally posted by sym
No diesel owners posting 400 figures to make me feell unwell please !!
I regularly bust 400 in my c230k, those who know me can tell you I don't hold back either, I have receipts from wrecking companies to prove it. :rolleyes:

Here's what I often get:
after.jpg

traantjes.gif

i need to learn to drive more carefully !!

S.

Last edited:
80 litres on the 240, 280, 320,430 and 320 cdi . 70 on the 200 , 200k , 220cdi.

Its an £80 option to have the 80 litre tank plus you loose boot space.

The last couple of times I've filled up I've managed to get just over 80 litres in the tank (80.5 or something) and the range still had 60 miles to go. As its an 80 litre tank I was quite surprised by that.

The most I've got from the tank is 690 miles, if I took it on a long run I'm sure I'd get more than that.

Well, Twinpulse engine and CDI can definately do better MPG than older engine. Nothing to feel sad about that. If I remember correctly, a standard C180k (twinpulse) can do 7.0L+/100km.

Well my car do about 10L/100km, combine cycle, autobox. BUT fuel cost is cheaper here, so in $$, I get about USD0.56 per mile or USD0.35 per km.

My e300 Td usually gives 560 /570 miles to the yellow light but on my trip to Scotland gave 654 and 652 with no lights. 70 litre tank.
I was going to take a picture of exactly 1/2 tank mark and 400 miles on the trip recorder but didn't. 39.8 mpg round trip.:)

I run my 320CE-24 around town and out in quite a good mix. Around town, I seem to get around 21 with the A/C on most of the time - it is the South of France after all! I usually use the S/E switch in the E mode simply to get the O/D to kick in a little earlier on occasions.
On a run, it tends to give around 28-29mpg but that's with a 145 km/hr motorway cruise.
I have to change the switch on the gearlever for the 4th-5th slot as it seems to be reluctant to change up if you manually shift down on a hill for example having returned the lever to D-5. It's only around 12 Euros but I imagine the job might be a bit of a pain....
I went up into the mountains last weekend after a fill up with 95 octane fuel. When running close to the walls on hills, there is a little faint pinking so perhaps I will keep to the 98 - there is only a Euro cent difference in price over here anyway!

Have no idea as to MPG; I just put hand in pocket to fill vehicle up with gas when her in doors says tank is empty. Or when muggings goes to drive it and see it’s on the last vapours.

Did manage to keep car for few days and full tank gave about 400 miles, I dont drive in slippers.

Originally posted by fuzzer
Nope , my 180k will do 615 miles on a tank . :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Oh.....

My normal driving style (ish taking a bit easy as not used to the auto) and my normal route to work and the C180K W203 is telling me 20.9 MPG.

Me dares not think what I get in the 202 C230K :eek:

I did a long trip couple of weeks ago, I drove till almost the last drop of fuel (due to missed the petrol station on highway) after that I pumped in 58 litre.

So I establish that my C180 tank is only a 60 - 62 litre tank ? I did a amazing 380 miles (at least for my car) :)

Oh, forgot to mention that I was at 160km/h for about 1/10 of the journey, at once I max the car at 210km/h (for few minutes) ! I supposed if I cruise at 120km/h, the MPG could be much better.

Last edited:
Intresting.

Our gearbox has S/C - meaning Sport / Comfort.

I've never had the air-con off ! Even in Winter - it gets a lot of the moisture out of the air especially on cold start frosty mornings (ie, good for clearing the window).

We usually get 29-31 MPG. Doesn't matter what conditions we are driving in.

The car only has 2000 miles on the clock though, so I expect this to improve. I know from past experience that at about 9 - 12 k miles it will go up - the engine generally beds in at that mileage - then you have first service, oil change etc - I expect about 32-34 MPG.

I've never found the A/C makes much diff - expect on a BMW I had once when you could really see it.

Sorry, posted in error. Mod please delete.
Thanks

Last edited:
You guys are making me feel paranoid...I usually have to make the trip to fill up @ around 270-300 Miles on my C240.
My wife uses it rather than me (no use having it sitting there on the car park @ work IMO) and she only tootles around town and to school...maybe its this that makes all the difference eh?
Looks like I fall way short of most of the petrols, never mind the diesels!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom