MPG on CLS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Merkaholic

Car
Mercedes CLS 320cdi
Hi guys......some may have followed my previous thread re remap. Following the dramas i am back to my standard map. I have a 2009 CLS320 diesel. Yesterday on pure local driving it was giving me 16.7 mpg......i promise i was not driving fast as their was alot of traffic. This can not be normal.

P.s had similar mpg issues with the remap.

How many local miles? The first few are horrific on any big engine as you've got to heat the whole thing up. You've got to cover some miles thereafter to bring the average up for the journey.

My stop / start 2.5 mile commute to work see 2010 CLS returning low 20`s with an average speed of 13 mph in the winter and 25 ish in the warmer month (s) . Motorway runs with a warm engine will see it rise to the low 40`s.

So unless you are stuck in traffic going nowhere for a period of time then i would say that there is something not quite right.

Kenny

My stop / start 2.5 mile commute to work see 2010 CLS returning low 20`s with an average speed of 13 mph in the winter and 25 ish in the warmer month (s) . Motorway runs with a warm engine will see it rise to the low 40`s.

So unless you are stuck in traffic going nowhere for a period of time then i would say that there is something not quite right.

Kenny
Thanks kenny.
Million dollar question is what could it be.

I used to get better in my old 500. Is the engine actually getting hot as in thermostat working correctly?

Unfortunately im not mechanically litterate.....if you are referring to the thermo indicator next to the speedo then it seems consistant.......doesnt seem to fluctuate.

Spoke to gem tech in romford (merc inde) who were convinced something not quiet right with my car. Booked in next Thursday. Lets hope its minor surgery . Will keep posted.

Spoke to gem tech in romford (merc inde) who were convinced something not quiet right with my car. Booked in next Thursday. Lets hope its minor surgery . Will keep posted.
Good luck hope it's something simple

Unfortunately im not mechanically litterate.....if you are referring to the thermo indicator next to the speedo then it seems consistant.......doesnt seem to fluctuate.

Dervs need to run hot to be at there best and if the stat is not allowing it to be up to temperature that won't help.
Fingers crossed it will be something basic and cheap to fix. Keep us updated.

Car going in on monday morning to gem tech (merc inde) in romford. I explained the fault over the phone. They said could be "air filter" or "injector". They said they generally dont like to commit to something without seeing it. God willing monday is not expensive.

Former 350 cls owner here

I’d get mid 20’s round town.

Low 40’s extra urban

Definitely something not right there. And in my experience, don’t expect a cheap fix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Former 350 cls owner here

I’d get mid 20’s round town.

Low 40’s extra urban

Definitely something not right there. And in my experience, don’t expect a cheap fix

I will have my cardiologist on stand by on monday . In terms of drive or sound of the engine you would think it sounds perfectly normal.

I will have my cardiologist on stand by on monday . In terms of drive or sound of the engine you would think it sounds perfectly normal.

Yes you should mate. My experience with the CLS was poor. I spent nearly 3k in 8 months keeping the damn thing on the road. I had enough when the dash binnacle topped itself a few weeks back.

When everything was well. It was lovely though.

Hopefully yours won’t be the pup mine turned out to be.

Good luck

Yes you should mate. My experience with the CLS was poor. I spent nearly 3k in 8 months keeping the damn thing on the road. I had enough when the dash binnacle topped itself a few weeks back.

When everything was well. It was lovely though.

Hopefully yours won’t be the pup mine turned out to be.

Good luck

Sorry to hear that mate.......yes its a beauty when its working but when its sick it gives your wallet the sick feeling to........strange how the symptoms are linked.

I’ll put this down to the route, length, driving style and speed of traffic flow etc

Inevitably bad figures are usually all about the above rather than a fault.

I’ll put this down to the route, length, driving style and speed of traffic flow etc

Inevitably bad figures are usually all about the above rather than a fault.
Naturally the above would reflect the MPG but in my case not the low teens on a diesel.........specialy as its my 2nd CLS from the same generation.

Pic should explain
20171111_145308.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom