MPG on ml63 5.5 bi turbo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jimmy2404

Car
2011 C63 AMG with Performance Pack
What are real life figures for you owners of a ml63 5.5 bi turbo facelift?

I am on the hunt for one and shall be tuning it at some point. Probably just a remap

I am on the hunt for one and shall be tuning it at some point. Probably just a remap

Talk to Richard. He has one of these monsters!

If you have to ask, it's not the car for you!

How come Mrhanky?

I want a fast 4x4 coming from a c63 and just had a Nissan GT-R

How come Mrhanky?

I want a fast 4x4 coming from a c63 and just had a Nissan GT-R

Well Jimmy, you had a GT-R so I doubt fuel economy figures are of any interest to you?

I understand that the TT cars are an improvement. However, that's in relationship to a high performance vehicle with four wheel drive.

Trust me I get the fast 4x4 thing and it's something I'm considering. Just the interest in economy figures I don't.

Too expensive for what they are. Just a flash normal sport which you see 50 a day lol

Agree around my way they are so common and appear to appeal to a very set demographic.

Agree around my way they are so common and appear to appeal to a very set demographic.

I must be that demographic then as the New RRS will be replacing our E class, albeit the diesel version.

We tried the ML, the Porsche Cayenne and the RRS and the RRS was just such a nicer place to be and more comfortable to drive.

In fact, considering the vehicle the OP is looking at a Porsche Cayenne might be worth a look. It was like driving an SUV sports car, I found the dash cluttered and the suspension too hard even with the Air option. Plus it won't Hemorrhage money like the AMG ML.

Last edited:
I must be that demographic then as the New RRS will be replacing our E class, albeit the diesel version.

We tried the ML, the Porsche Cayenne and the RRS and the RRS was just such a nicer place to be and more comfortable to drive.

Interesting from your previous post, your area the ML seems more popular. I guess it's different area to area.

I personally don't mind the RRS, it's that evoque version I really don't like the look of. Around my way they yummy mummies all have them in either black with a coloured roof or a nasty green colour.

Believe it or not I got 32 mpg out my Gtr lol

I test drove a ml63 5.5 last week. Although it was ticking over from cold for 20mins I took it out for a test drive.

It was very stop start urban in Leicester down centre

The trip said 11.4 mpg!?

Is this correct for a ml63? I can handle late teens in town and mid 20s on a run. But not near 10mpg!!!

Interesting from your previous post, your area the ML seems more popular. I guess it's different area to area.

I personally don't mind the RRS, it's that evoque version I really don't like the look of. Around my way they yummy mummies all have them in either black with a coloured roof or a nasty green colour.

I'm not at all keen on the Evoque.

We had a look at the RRS and the new FFRR, for us the Sport is ideal. The FFRR is simply vast and is in reality aimed at the Bentley type market.

I really wanted a Porsche Cayenne and I was really deflated after the test drive, it was obvious it wasn't for us. That's what makes me think it would be well suited to the OP, we didn't want an SUV sports car.

We've previously owned an ML300 (164). The new one is an improvement but the looks just don't do it for me. Plus after a few Mercs I fancy a change.

I may live to regret that!

Believe it or not I got 32 mpg out my Gtr lol

I test drove a ml63 5.5 last week. Although it was ticking over from cold for 20mins I took it out for a test drive.

It was very stop start urban in Leicester down centre

The trip said 11.4 mpg!?

Is this correct for a ml63? I can handle late teens in town and mid 20s on a run. But not near 10mpg!!!

32 lol that's extremely good!

Wow low teens not even sure my man maths could cope with that.

I'm sure it was super low mpg as it was ticking over cold for 20/30mins

Totally different car - but my ML500 (W163) will hit mid twenties on a run.

Around town 15

Overall 18.

I would expect the ML63 to be similar - it's a LOT faster with MUCH more power, but newer and more advanced, so I suspect much the same.

I expect it to hit 30mpg on a long careful motorway cruise, mid - late teens overall, and under 10mpg if you cane it - don't forget this is a car that weighs well over 2 tonne

W166 you're talking about?

A customer of mine has one, best tank was 16mpg, worst tank was 9mpg.
But he does seem to use the power a lot.

W166 you're talking about?

A customer of mine has one, best tank was 16mpg, worst tank was 9mpg.
But he does seem to use the power a lot.

Thats worrying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom