MPG question?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c3nturi0n

Car
CLS63 Shooting Brake
hi everyone,

I wonder what MPG you get with your AMG :)?
e.g.
- city
- motorway
- combined

Here are my (London figures) for '13 CLS63 Shooting Brake.
- 28 (@70mph; c. 26ish @90mph)
- around 18-19

Subscribed.....it would be interesting to here some really world MPG figures....preferably from tank top to tank top reading to get spot on accurate figures and eliminate any factory optimism! Although on my last Merc it was only about 1 to 1.5 mpg optimistic...so acceptable.

I seem to remember consensus is AMGs are even closer than that with their trip computers.

It's obviously impossible to compare due to different journey types, traffic conditions, terrain and driving styles.

For what it's worth my trip computer shows 23.9mpg over 8.5k miles on my 5.5 E63. So including some town, some spirted B roads, fair amount of motorway cruising at a variety of speeds!

I keep accurate records for all my cars.

In the last two years in my SL350 (Not AMG) I have only covered 2,543 miles using 107.77 Imp gallons of petrol giving overall MPG of 23.6.

The best tankfuls were 25.8 & 25.9 both long trips mostly on motorways & much use of cruise control..

NJSS

Knock yourself out...

hi everyone,

I wonder what MPG you get with your AMG :)?
e.g.
- city
- motorway
- combined

Here are my (London figures) for '13 CLS63 Shooting Brake.
- 28 (@70mph; c. 26ish @90mph)
- around 18-19
City - 18mpg (30mph)
Motorway - 32mpg (80mph average)
Combined - 25mpg

C63S - all figures approx.

Apparently it was a E220d with the 1950cc OM654 , not a good engine though .

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Apparently it was a E220d with the 1950cc OM654 , not a good engine though .

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I expect they had an EXCEPTIONALLY dull journey with that mpg. Rather them than me 😉

I keep accurate records for all my cars.

In the last two years in my SL350 (Not AMG) I have only covered 2,543 miles using 107.77 Imp gallons of petrol giving overall MPG of 23.6.

The best tankfuls were 25.8 & 25.9 both long trips mostly on motorways & much use of cruise control..

NJSS
After 11 months of ownership overall MPG is 28.32

With all these threads about MPG my thoughts are that there is only one way to be accurate with the numbers,fill the tank up by putting the pump nozzle all the way into the filler neck and when it clicks off stop and reset your trip and then after using that tank full do the same thing again and then get the calculator out,given you now have how much you put in and the miles covered,if everybody did that with these MPG threads we would get a better idea of what cars ar doing mileage wise.

With all these threads about MPG my thoughts are that there is only one way to be accurate with the numbers,fill the tank up by putting the pump nozzle all the way into the filler neck and when it clicks off stop and reset your trip and then after using that tank full do the same thingagain and then get the calculator out,given you now have how much you put in and the miles covered,if everybody did that with these MPG threads we would get a better idea of what cars ar doing mileage wise.
That's true. But I'd argue there's little point being accurate anyway as there are too many variables to allow meaningful comparison. Two people could do the same journey in identical cars at the same time but have quite different mpgs due to driving style differences. I could do the same journey in the same car on different days and get very different mpg due to different weather or traffic conditions. The difference in how mpg is measured are less than these differences so there's not much point being accurate anyway 😁

I expect they had an EXCEPTIONALLY dull journey with that mpg. Rather them than me 😉

Most journeys are dull these days , soooooo much traffic and queuing but from my point of view it's best to match the car to 99% of the actual use it experiences .

Guess what my average mph is over the last 12,000 miles ?

Most journeys are dull these days , soooooo much traffic and queuing but from my point of view it's best to match the car to 99% of the actual use it experiences .

I make sure my journeys aren't dull 😉 if journeys were always dull, I'd lose my love of driving. They would be much duller in an underpowered diesel giving high mpg though as I'd be stuck behind all the traffic that I can easily overtake in my car!
but I get your point. I very rarely have to queue at all. I make sure I avoid roads and times where I might have to queue!

54?

Journey's are only dull if you let them be dull, surely? If there's queuing, take a different route - that's what I used to do a few years ago when my commute was a 124 mile round trip to South West Birmingham. I would rarely let myself sit in traffic day after day, i'd much prefer taking a completely different route and use some new roads wherever possible.

I guess that's the difference between people who see driving as something to be tolerated or endured and those of us who drive for the pleasure of driving.....

Let's take 6,000 miles a year usage as I don't commute anymore. At 80mpg that's £600 or at 20mpg it's £2,400. Hardly ruinous and I have a hugely more enjoyable experience. If you're questioning the point then you're not a petrolhead. Nothing wrong with that but that's why you don't get it.

Surely anyone buying a proper AMG will be prepared for relatively high fuel consumption and, if you have to ask then you propably cannot afford it? 🙄

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom