MPG with GAD remap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have driven a C204 C63 , a God like car but hated the seats , I'm not large framed and the AMG bucket seats clamp in too much making the miles unbearable, much prefer my seats , best I've ever had.

View attachment 122420

The opportunity to use the 520 hp was twice, IF it presented itself .
If you didn't like those, you'd hate the seats in my car (S version buckets). The first couple of long distance journeys I did in mine were uncomfortable, until I adjusted them correctly. I've since done multiple long journeys in them (the most being 450 miles in one stint) and they are perfect.

Also, the opportunities to deploy full power are there, you just need to know where to look and exploit them accordingly (and safely of course).

Also, the opportunities to deploy full power are there, you just need to know where to look and exploit them accordingly (and safely of course).
Agree with this. OK I can't use ~700bhp that often, but for some even being able to use it a tiny fraction of the time is enough fun to justify ownership!

I do old boy but I look back at my last 10K and my average speed is 21 mph !
Just checked mine out of interest. 44mph over 6.5k miles.
You obviously need to get out on the open road more 😉

It's nice in a way , confirms I bought the right car .

2019-02-15 20.36.34.jpg

"But in the real world with so many cars on the road and hold ups , such a piece of equipment only serves the tax man"

I agree with you, but the three or four weeks you get to enjoy the car to the maximum is well worth the additional cost.. driving in a straight line at 70/80 is wholly different to 180+, and there is only one track in the UK you can get anywhere near this speed in the UK with a road car costing under £250K:oops: Unless you have access to an airport runway.....

I love driving my AMG, I am fully aware that a 2.5 litre diesel will save me a whole load of cash in fuel, servicing and road tax and will travel at the maximum speed allowed in the UK but I find the diesel very boring, lots of acceleration (relative) for 2000RPM, change gear, repeat.. and the sound is disappointing to say the least. .. I do about 20,000 miles a year in it and would not change it for anything.. personal preferences..

"such a piece of equipment only serves the tax man" this applies to everything that people want, not just AMG's.

Dont forget weather effects economy as well when its really cold like it is at present you will get worse mpg as the colder denser air requires more fuel to get the same air to fuel ratio. All my cars this time of year get around 50 miles less to a full tank. But don't expect it to be huge increase on your 4 mile school run tbh if it's bit steep get the kids on the bus or push bike lol or probably cheaper to buy an old banger you don't have to give a crap about with a tiny petrol engine that will do 40mpg will pay for itself in a year. I bought another car in the end and now just use the AMG for fun family days out or maybe a weekend away trip didn't help that I now need a car which can have 3 full size child seats inside it.

Yeah cheers guys. As I suspected. Just trying in vain to get the best of both worlds. My stop/start isn't working 95% of the time either I think because the battery isn't in top condition. £250 to replace it I'm told. Probably such a small increase in mpg to get stop/start working on my 4 miles a day school run that it would be months before the battery paid for itself.
Nope - around £90ish on ebay for a genuine one.

Easy swap - no coding needed either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom