• No

Votes: 23 32.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 45 63.4%
  • Don't know

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No point in debating this because bringing back the death penalty will never happen in a million years.

Yes and if it happens (which I very much doubt) I would be up for a career change, Executioner would look good on a business card :D It would also be nice to see some of the murders, child molesters, rapists, etc.. scum swing for what they have done :bannana:

Yes and if it happens (which I very much doubt) I would be up for a career change, Executioner would look good on a business card :D It would also be nice to see some of the murders, child molesters, rapists, BMW drivers, etc.. scum swing for what they have done :bannana:

Fixed that for you.

No point in debating this because bringing back the death penalty will never happen in a million years.

Correct, even if the vast majority insisted upon it and it became law we'd never get people to prosecute, defend, sit on juries,or judge.
I served on a jury hearing a very serious case some years ago and for most of us the burden of bringing in a guilty verdict knowing the defendent would go to prison for many years was tough enough, but I very much doubt we would have come to a guilty verdict if we'd know he would be executed as a result.
In principle I'm in favour, in practise, thats something else!

I'm in favour of the principal.

However, it must be absolutely water tight, no possibility of wrongful conviction etc. Any doubt whatsoever it automatically becomes a prison sentence.

It also must be for a very defined set of offences.

Don't we technically still have the death penalty for treason in this country?

Just been out for lunch and caught the back end of a radio debate where an MP said despite a majority of people in the country wanting the death penalty a majority of MP's do not and thats the end of it:doh:. He was rather patronising to say the least.

Having heard this mornings news regarding the paedo ring that required members to keep uploading new images of under 12's being abused I would quite happily use a rusty, blunt spoon to help them shuffle off the mortal coil.

Sleeping at night moralising about it would not be a problem for me - to be honest I think I would sleep as well as ever knowing I had done my civic duty (painfully)

The trouble with the law in this country is it's just too damn soft IMO. So many criminals get away with paultry sentences for hiddeous crimes, it's no wonder the general public are in favour.

If the sentencing was tightened up making the punishment fit the crime properly then there would be no need to even think about bringing the death penalty back.

On a more serious note....

I am in favour of capital punishment in certain circumstances - killing of policemen (or in fact any emergency service) in the line of duty, child killers, multiple murderers etc.

Playing devils advocate here, should people like Myra Hindley, Fred West, Ian Huntley (yes I know two of them are now deceased) be allowed to live after conviction?

Whilst I know (and accept) the argument that innocent people could go to the gallows, this possibility of this happening could (imho) be massively reduced by a change in the law.

As I understand it, in order to obtain a conviction in a criminal court, the case has to be proven 'beyond all reasonable doubt'

How about a new (additional) status of 'beyond all doubt' - e.g. when the person is captured at the scene, and seen by a number of witnesses.

I know that there is the argument that this may dilute the 'beyond allreasonable doubt, but I feel it could work.

In that case, Iwould be more than happy to be a jury member or even the executioner.

Ted (Rumpole) Mcc

Considering it costs well north of £200k to incarcerate the very worst offenders - a quick death would save us millions of pounds keeping the despicable creatures alive.

I'm thinking murderers, child killers etc...

No its not a 100% deterrent but it will save us a pile of cash.

Certainly not as long as we are in the EU, they don't allow it. We'd have to leave first.

Certainly not as long as we are in the EU, they don't allow it. We'd have to leave first.

No harm in leaving the EU?

For a start we could stop sending billions to the EU black hole to fund all the poorer member states.

And we could sell bananas no matter their shape and weight things is pounds and ounces.

No more shackles of the EU for us - great!!!

No harm in leaving the EU?

For a start we could stop sending billions to the EU black hole to fund all the poorer member states.

And we could sell bananas no matter their shape and weight things is pounds and ounces.

No more shackles of the EU for us - great!!!

Blimey E Class, we're almost kindred spirits!
Who'd have thought:thumb:

There are people not fit to feed but I don't want to live somewhere that kills them. As a compromise I would offer voluntary euthanasia on demand to anyone whatever their life story

Use the full weight of the law and maximise prison sentences -not early discharges !-we will need more prisons-rehab does not work.
Agreed no prospect of death penalty:wallbash:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom