mr bale.....has the world gone mad???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty hands

Car
sl 300 24v
when I was a kid ...(long time ago now) football players got paid a sensible sum of money...i.e average wage £100football player£1000...but its become insane...I don't follow football,so maybe i'm missing something ....I spend yrs learning to do invisible repairs on expensive boats....I do ok,dont get me wrong....but to get paid £300,000 a week for kicking a ball around.....rossi, Lorenzo ,marquez get paid well ...but you can get killed doin motogp....just interested what other folks think!!!

football?
how long will this thread last

remember that football was the sport of the working class. with players earning super silly amounts no working class person can afford to follow his team.....

It's the greatest sport invented by man and entertains billions around the world.

And to be honest, I don't know how Bale will get by on £300k a week...

but to get paid £300,000 a week for kicking a ball around.....rossi, Lorenzo ,marquez get paid well ...but you can get killed doin motogp....just interested what other folks think!!!

You can get killed crossing the road, yet no-one is willing to pay me handsomely to do so...

you know spx......I was thinking that meself......will he use some of it for Spanish lessons???

football?
how long will this thread last

It'll last until those that follow minor sports like Rugby Union and Cricket come along and moan about how football is watched by hooligans blah blah blah

Watching Lorenzo and Marquez battling it out at Silverstone yesterday was amazing and they certainly earn every penny they get. But as for Bales, that's totally ridiculous. How must the Spanish fans feel that someone is getting such an obscene amount when the whole country is struggling financially? I've no idea what a ticket costs here, let alone a season ticket - but it's certain to be a lot for the top teams. So of course I've no idea what the Spanish fans have to pay, but surely their latest purchase must hurt. Although if they're as taken in by the whole silly game as much as those here seem to be, then they probably don't care. The old maxim of "what the market will bear" certainly appears to hold true.

I'd like to think that all this silly money only affects the football supporters, but of course we all lose out because of it. Because I want to watch F1 and cricket, I have to pay a fortune for Sky Sport because of their massive payments to football. :(

It's 300k euros before tax so about £120k per week with Spain's 55% tax. So his salary is around average for the high earners in the Premiership.

Ronaldo is on double Bale's salary.

Still I think the transfer fee was insane for Bale as he is now Messi or Ronaldo.

Neymar is better and was £49m.

Robin Van Persie was a steal at £23m although he was older.

Bale is at the top of the tree. Any professional sportsman/women at the peak of their game get paid handsomely whatever the sport.
I love motogp but none of those guys are exactly poor. I say good luck to Bale if someone is willing to pay his wages. He was on about £100k at Spurs if someone offered to treble your wages would you not embrace it?

It'll last until those that follow minor sports like Rugby Union and Cricket come along and moan about how football is watched by hooligans blah blah blah
Not at all. The hooligans don't watch the game, they stand with their backs to it whilst taunting those who do want to watch. Well that's what was happening the last time I went to a football match (a cup final replay at the old Wembley over 30 years ago!) It wasn't much fun in a 'neutral' stand wedged between Spurs and QPR 'supporters'. If any of them had played real sports like rugby or cricket (;)) they'd have had the strength and/or ability to throw their various missiles at their opponents instead of them landing on the innocents trapped between them.

Yes it's in the wrong place...

Not at all. The hooligans don't watch the game, they stand with their backs to it whilst taunting those who do want to watch. Well that's what was happening the last time I went to a football match (a cup final replay at the old Wembley over 30 years ago!) It wasn't much fun in a 'neutral' stand wedged between Spurs and QPR 'supporters'. If any of them had played real sports like rugby or cricket (;)) they'd have had the strength and/or ability to throw their various missiles at their opponents instead of them landing on the innocents trapped between them.

Yes, because the world hasn't changed much thirty years, has it...

And Union and Cricket are the hobbies people take up when they don't get picked for the football team.

Yes, because the world hasn't changed much thirty years, has it...

And Union and Cricket are the hobbies people take up when they don't get picked for the football team.

Now then Lee, play nicely :D

Bale is at the top of the tree. Any professional sportsman/women at the peak of their game get paid handsomely whatever the sport.
On average in the UK, a newly signed Rugby Union professional may earn around £20,000 a year, with top flight players potentially earning up to £200,000 from their clubs. Certainly not to be sneezed at, but hardly comparable with soccer wages.

I only tell the truth and sometimes people's feelings get hurt, but I cannot veer from this path my friend! :D
What about League?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom