Mr. Ian Walker

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

para alpha

Car
C180 ESPRIT (w202)
After recently buying an AMG Back box for my C180 (Yeh, I hear some of you with the ”why bother”) I contacted a mate just before Christmas to see if he could fit it. My mate was inundated with work and couldn’t help me out and would be unable until mid-late January. So I contacted Ian B Walker at 124 Works. I arrived yesterday at the workshop as arranged Ian and his apprentice made my brother “H” and me very welcome. Within 20 minutes my car was on the 2 post lift ready for the back box. Now, the car wasn’t giving up its original exhaust without a fight. Every single nut and bolt was rusted solid. Anyhow, Ian managed to persuade the rusted nuts and bolts that it wasn’t in their best interested to resist, but they did. After about an hour, Ian had shown them the error of their ways and had freed up the mount hangers and then sorted out the three bolts holding the centre section of the exhaust to the front pipe and CAT by attacking them brutally with an air-saw. All was well after the fight, although my car tried to kill Ian on 3 separate with heavy blows to the head, Ian still carried on. The exhaust was welded and fitted and sounds great. It has a little growl to it, which is nice! But as I and Ian were talking and the car was running, Ian noticed my car wasn’t running right… I have been an amateur mechanic and haven’t noticed anything wrong. Ian asked could he attach the STAR Diagnostics to the car and see if it’s stored codes. I gave the go ahead. Ian found the Lambda sensor was giving an error and the Throttle body was faulty. After resetting the Injectors and clearing all the faults. It ran noticeably better and it picked up much better on the M6 on the way back… Now Ian only charged me £50 for this. I believe this was a bargain. The car was there for 3 and half hours. Ian said he made concessions because I was a forum member. So Ian, I thank you for a great service you have provided, also for making us feel very welcome. You are a true gentleman and the service you provide is something that trader don’t do anymore, you were willing to go the extra to make sure the job was done properly and to my liking. I will be calling on your services again and will recommend you to all. Thanks

Sounds like a great service!!:thumb:

where is Ian Walker based? if hes in surrey or london then i'll be going there when ever I need something fitted for my car or have a problem need fixing.:)

Even from Surrey he is worth the trip. Especially if you are going to Blackpool or headed up for the Lake District in the summer. He is about 10 - 15 mins away from J3 M55. He usually has a "quaint" motor he can lend you for the day whilst he twirls spanners, drains and refills liquids, changes filters and sets yours up on his star machine thingy.
Ian looks after our family fleet and my grandchildren ride in them so he has to be good:thumb:

It could have been £50 just for plugging Star in and reading codes.

Perhaps I should consider this workshop, I understand my winter tyres would work nicely almost throughout the journey.

Well done Ian, another happy customer, hope your heads ok!

From one piper to another, well done John ,about time you got it sorted, & a nice post for Ian. :thumb: :thumb:

Just out of curiosity how do you reset the injectors on a petrol engine, and what are you resetting them to?

Lynall

Ian has replaced all the brakes on my car, excellent job at great prices, and as indicated above, little things like being "frozen" just taken in his stride.

:rock:

Last edited:
Hey Para

I hope your exhaust lasts longer than mine that was falling off within 2 days and leaking at every joint

Hey Para

I hope your exhaust lasts longer than mine that was falling off within 2 days and leaking at every joint

Given that your dispute with Ian Walker is sub judice wouldn't you be wise to keep a sock in it until that matter is settled?

He usually has a "quaint" motor he can lend you for the day whilst he twirls spanners,

I have first hand experience of his (quaint motors ) my description would be dangerous and unroadworthy

I count 12 thanks on para alpha's post. I'll leave you to count the thanks on yours alfie07. Most people on the forum address forum members by their first name or chosen name. Perhaps if you have only have the same old thing to say, its best to remain quiet and let Ian get on going the extra mile to help his customers and friends old and new.

I count 12 thanks on para alpha's post. I'll leave you to count the thanks on yours alfie07. Most people on the forum address forum members by their first name or chosen name. Perhaps if you have only have the same old thing to say, its best to remain quiet and let Ian get on going the extra mile to help his customers and friends old and new.

Trapper im being polite by calling him Walker you should not swear on an open forum

As soon as I read the praise posted by para alpha, I knew this thread would end up in a for/against Ian thread.

Is it not better to let sleeping dogs lie and put this thread to bed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom