Mr Know it all

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kcsun

Car
SL63 AMG, GLE 350de, RS4
I had a visit from my Know it all neighbour this morning whose amazing knowledge base on all subjects is immense (according to him) and after a lot of research he states that I do not have to buy an expensive clay bar to do my cars but use window putty doused in a weak washing up liquid as it will do the same job for 1/100th the cost

Thoughts?????

kc

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I had a visit from my Know it all neighbour this morning whose amazing knowledge base on all subjects is immense (according to him) and after a lot of research he states that I do not have to buy an expensive clay bar to do my cars but use window putty doused in a weak washing up liquid as it will do the same job for 1/100th the cost

Thoughts?????

kc
Tell him you will test it on his car first😂

If he really did know what he was talking about - he would have told you that washing up liquid also costs 1/100th of that "no need" fancy shampoo that you use.

My old neighbour was once adamant that brasso was better than any polish and used to use it on his car. Once offered to do mine i more than swiftly declined on the offer 😂😂🙈

Just like to say this .In spring of last year i was about to use a claybar on my car ..The body was not smoth any more .But it shone very nice .The wife purchased a few bottles of Williams Waterless Wash and Wax off the tv shopping cannel . .She loves it ,and it took her just 20 mins to clean her car all over including the glass ,,but not front screen . Now the wife has had both hip replaced , but with the Williams she had no problem cleaning her car . matter of fact she enjoyed it. Me i love Tuttle Wax in the old grey coloured bottle it works well for me but takes over an 1 hour to do it .. . Then one day i ran out of Turtle wax , and i was going to a local to me classic car show. So i had a go cleaning my car with the WWWaW .And from then till now i have used this same polish ..And after inspecting the paint work i find its as smooth as silk ..Dont know if it was the polish alone ,,or the use of microfibre clothes that did the job . It said on the WWWaW container to just polish the car as it is no need to wash it . .I am old school and thats not on with me .Light dust is not a problem .Anything other than dust wash it off first .

We've all got a neighbor like that, smile sweetly and ignore.

I have a friend over the way to me .He has the very best of everything , to hear him talk,,, and that goes for items that i have bought . You know the type,, you should have had this one,, its better than that ,,i had one of those and it was not any good Even last year he had to go in to hospital to have a pacemaker ..His words when he came home was that it was the very best pacemaker they had to offer ,and no one else had one fitted like it yet ,,,only him ,.

Ha Ha, I was talking to my neighbour yesterday and he brother was there, i was saying i was just going to buy some paint to decorate the bathroom, he told me the best thing to paint a bathroom is exterior wall paint because of the condensation. So while i am in B+q i will get some putty as well and do the car. :wallbash: I wonder if he lives next door to you.

Ha Ha, I was talking to my neighbour yesterday and he brother was there, i was saying i was just going to buy some paint to decorate the bathroom, he told me the best thing to paint a bathroom is exterior wall paint because of the condensation. So while i am in B+q i will get some putty as well and do the car. :wallbash: I wonder if he lives next door to you.
He’s not wrong though. Sandtex Smooth masonry paint is awesome for bathrooms (and kitchens). 👍😁👏

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom