Mrs Brown's dress sense

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BonzoDog

Car
280 cdi Break S211 Avantgarde, B200 CDI, W245, Autotronic
Maybe it's just me but it seemed that Mrs Brown's sense of dress will need a big makeover. Cherie did her best to set new lows but the Browns have teh Blairs beaten on this one too. Or is it just me?

Maybe it's just me but it seemed that Mrs Brown's sense of dress will need a big makeover. Cherie did her best to set new lows but the Browns have teh Blairs beaten on this one too. Or is it just me?

Blimey - less than 24 hours and style police are out. Does it matter? I actually didn't think she looked bad. I thought it was a perfectly smart and suitable suit.;)

It's not Mrs Brown that worries me it's Mr Brown with his collars "flipping" over the neck of his jacket like the folding wing of a fighter jet. He needs to ditch his old shirts or get some plastic collar stiffeners. Oh **** I can't believe I am actually giving someone advice on how to dress......

GrantA :eek:

Blimey - less than 24 hours and style police are out. Does it matter? I actually didn't think she looked bad. I thought it was a perfectly smart and suitable suit.;)

It was two of my rather elegant female colleagues who raised the topic. They tried to be polite when I asked 'er very British' one said 'nice hair' said the other but then tehy looked at each other and burst out laughing.

We get all that we deserve in this country when we focus on what the Prime Ministers wife looks like. Its not looks that matter its what people are that matters. I hope the woman just lives her life and enjoys her kids and gets left alone.

Maybe if the the press concentrated on issues rather than image people might actually engage with politicians and treat them with a bit more seriousness. IMHO

We get all that we deserve in this country when we focus on what the Prime Ministers wife looks like. Its not looks that matter its what people are that matters. I hope the woman just lives her life and enjoys her kids and gets left alone.

Maybe if the the press concentrated on issues rather than image people might actually engage with politicians and treat them with a bit more seriousness. IMHO

Be fair, it was just me raising this, not The Press.

No from the the second Brown became PM the TV keeps going on about his wife and it just seems unfair and ridiculous (well to me anyway!) :)

We're not allowed politics on this forum!

If we were I might draw attention to Brown's ransacking of the gold reserves, or his near criminal activities over pension laws, and I could go on, but we're not, so I won't. :)

Oh yes, him and his wife looked like they bought their clothes at Tesco.

I bought some rather nice flip flops at Tesco I'll have you know ;)

Personally I don't give a fig what she wore, or how she looks, but was she once a high flying PR executive? If she was then it speaks volumes about her knowledge on appearance\presentation when appearing in front of the whole World's media pundits? Or did she think no one would notice?

John

She 'was' a PR executive.. doesnt mean anything, really....

Did you know.. when they first met in a restaurant and wanted to get the picture in the papers, they let the photographer know but he turned up at the wrong place... so, after dinner, they had to pose again for the 'first picture'...

and they said spin was dead....

ps - i thought we werent supposed to discuss politics

I find when I wear a mini skirt it makes my legs look sooooooooo long :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :devil:

John

We definitely shouldn't be allowed to discuss that on this forum!

Mods - this post has traumatised me.

I think that Sarah?, is it?, looked rather nice really and could be a refreshing change. I rather like red-heads :) .

Portzy.

But no one's discussing politics - but dress sense;)

Hang on a minute. If all the people slagging off Mrs Brown had expressed concern about her dress sense for the years she was wife of the chancellor of the exchequer I could except your remark. It has taken a mere 24 hours since she has become the "prime ministers wife" before the knives are out. Don't kid yourself its not political.:rolleyes:

I was around at my Grandmother's house yesterday watching that and even she reckoned Mrs. Brown looked like a bag of badgers, so there. I think it looked a bit too "mumsy" personally and would have welcomed something a bit more formal and/or a bit of leg.

Perhaps it was a canny move on the part of the PR consultant though to step away from the look of Cherie and signal a new dawn in politics?!

Hang on a minute. If all the people slagging off Mrs Brown had expressed concern about her dress sense for the years she was wife of the chancellor of the exchequer I could except your remark. It has taken a mere 24 hours since she has become the "prime ministers wife" before the knives are out. Don't kid yourself its not political.:rolleyes:

which is why my first reponse to this thread, message number two - said what it did:

pammy said:
Blimey - less than 24 hours and style police are out. Does it matter? I actually didn't think she looked bad. I thought it was a perfectly smart and suitable suit.
wink.gif

And also why there was a little winky smiley at the end of the post suggesting we weren't discussing politics. :0 However, I don't accept what you are saying in response to my post. I have no knives out and am not discussing politics in anyway shape or form, but I am not dumb enough to kid myself that certain other comments are not political albeit they are not overtly so. So if you'd like to hang on a minute yourself please ;)

Soft Target for Critics

Should have been more general in my reply. I wasn't particularly getting at you Pammy but just used your post to "hang" my reply on, neglecting to notice your ;) at the end. :eek: It won't be long before the "Downing Street Machine" gives her a makeover since they know that the wife of a prime minister is a prime soft target for government critics. Poor woman will just have to get used to it I guess. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom