Mrs hates it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johnjo99

Car
C300d Coupe
My Mrs hates my Mercedes C300d Coupè, she says the seat is too hard and she feels every bump on the road, might be because I bought it in a minute of madness, without telling her. Not the smartest move I know, and not one I would ever do again.

Aye, I find my c class a very harsh ride.

My Mrs hates my Mercedes C300d Coupè, she says the seat is too hard and she feels every bump on the road, might be because I bought it in a minute of madness, without telling her. Not the smartest move I know, and not one I would ever do again.
Are your wheels 19”?

If so (as above) maybe you could try smaller wheels with Non run flat tyres.

@unimog had a full set of refurbished 5 spoke AMG 18’s. Very competitively priced too. They may still be available. 👍

I have 20inch wheels on my current and the ride is great, over-firm suspension can kill the car’s comfort level.

Sorry to hear your wife hates the car,get a feeling the car will be up for sale soon :rolleyes:

Hate to add to the thread but I had a C207 (E Coupe) and the seats were horrific. Too hard and could never get them settled - long journeys became a pain

I thought it was due to the fact I had came from a W220 (S500) but moving to my previous F10 5 Series (ducks behind couch) proved me right.

Might just be that the seats are indeed to hard.

It's a shame she doesn't like it. I didn't like my ex's A35 as I thought that was a hard ride so we used to use my car on certain journeys where we knew the roads would be a bit bumpy (our seaside roads vs smooth motorways). The seats were fine just sitting and on smooth roads but it was really jolty/jumpy on bumpier roads.
I recently bought a c300 and when I checked the tyre pressures when I got it home from the dealer, they were all low. I only checked them because the steering didn't feel right when I was braking. I couldn't put my finger on it but thought that I would check the pressures. The steering issue when braking is now solved but the ride is firmer now the pressures are up. Like the chaps have said, perhaps try lowering the pressures a little and hope you don't get the issue I had.
Does she have a car that you could use when you are out together and enjoy your c300 when you are going on nicer roads together or on your own? Mine is a bit hard on a certain route I go on locally but I'm used to it now but I'm always worse as a passenger in any car. Perhaps let her drive it and see if it's any better. My ex's A35 actually made me travel sick when he drove due to the ride and he didn't race about.

It's a shame she doesn't like it. I didn't like my ex's A35 as I thought that was a hard ride so we used to use my car on certain journeys where we knew the roads would be a bit bumpy (our seaside roads vs smooth motorways). The seats were fine just sitting and on smooth roads but it was really jolty/jumpy on bumpier roads.
I recently bought a c300 and when I checked the tyre pressures when I got it home from the dealer, they were all low. I only checked them because the steering didn't feel right when I was braking. I couldn't put my finger on it but thought that I would check the pressures. The steering issue when braking is now solved but the ride is firmer now the pressures are up. Like the chaps have said, perhaps try lowering the pressures a little and hope you don't get the issue I had.
Does she have a car that you could use when you are out together and enjoy your c300 when you are going on nicer roads together or on your own? Mine is a bit hard on a certain route I go on locally but I'm used to it now but I'm always worse as a passenger in any car. Perhaps let her drive it and see if it's any better. My ex's A35 actually made me travel sick when he drove due to the ride and he didn't race about.
Luckily we have four cars, so there are other options, but I will enjoy it myself when I can, just a little disappointed in the ride. I paid £27k for a 1 year old car with 4k miles, can't complain too much. I will check the tyre pressures, bought an accurate tyre pressure gauge, interested to see what it says compared to Mercedes Me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom