Mrs hates it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Different when the mrs goes and buys something though😜. My mrs costs more than my car!

It sounds like we bought similar cars. Mine is a 69 with 3k miles on but a petrol so was a bit cheaper. I usually buy pre reg but a bit newer but I liked the mileage on this one. It hadn't been taxed since September 2020 so I think it's sat from September to February.
Good luck with the pressures. Hope you get sorted. I bought one of those cordless digital inflators from amazon just because I don't like going to the petrol station if I need air. It's a handy thing to have

My Mrs has also hated every single car I’ve brought and 6 months later, she loves it. My response to her during those early months is - it’s my car and I get to choose. I’ve got to have one thing that entirely my decision :)

How to get rid of an annoying whining noise from the passenger side? Leave the missus at home.... ;)

It sounds like we bought similar cars. Mine is a 69 with 3k miles on but a petrol so was a bit cheaper. I usually buy pre reg but a bit newer but I liked the mileage on this one. It hadn't been taxed since September 2020 so I think it's sat from September to February.
Good luck with the pressures. Hope you get sorted. I bought one of those cordless digital inflators from amazon just because I don't like going to the petrol station if I need air. It's a handy thing to have
Brilliant blue, AMG Line Premium, all the bells and whistles.

Interesting discussion.
Firstly writing from "some experience " and personal observations! Bolstered by having had only a "few memorable" English girlfriends in my teens and early twenties in the UK, plus one English wife for about 5 years all I can say is that they are the world's best test pilots in broom factories !! :eek: Anyway enough about that !

That stated in the UK stats show that about 63% of UK women have a deciding factor on buying car in spite of what us mere males might think.
In the US & Canada, the percentage is even higher & more like 75%.
Even in the Arab world having had a few Kuwaiti girlfriends, the situation never changes when it comes to buying a car .

The same goes for getting it repaired.
Being "man cave" activity I have always employed a competent female as a service writer, my current one who I coaxed away from the local Nissan dealer was one of their top techs.
I have a grown daughter in the back office as office manager. In fact the front office is all female.
Women I find are very good in these roles and my service writer is excellent at dealing with misogynistic mature males which think they "know cars" !

One thing though reading these forum contributions, if a significant female's butt isn't comfy you are going to know about it.
To reinforce this observation and determined by many years of mature expedience I/We once changed the whole body of Landrover Discovery that was some lady wife's pride and joy. Their sons rolled it down a ravine in Wyoming!
The ultimate delivery decision was to re-instate the driver's seat or leave it as is with an almost new identical leather seat .
My corporate decision was mine, to-whit, use the original seat because the moment she sits in it she will know that something is amiss & then start asking her husband WTF happened to my car? Women test things with their butts guys ! Get the picture ? He doesn't want her to now about her Landrover OK !!
That was one thing he wasn't going to "fess up to"!

Nevertheless in this auto repair business there is often no shortage of females using the charms to get what I call "love jobs" done!
Many years ago I got a Sunday call out to receive a Ferrari with engine damage (t/Belt).
The two Latina ladies in the tow truck wanted to make sure their car was delivered OK.
Doing some paperwork in the office these two "Guapa Senoritas" were discussing the cost of the repair in Spanish , obviously thinking this Gringo doesn't understand .
The one said the other "Hey have you seen his desk, he needs a Latina secretary, why not ask him if he needs one and ask him for a date at the same time "?
I swiftly replied in Ven Spanish with a slight Argie twist to it .
Well thanks, but my wife would get very jealous with a "guapa" secretary like you in the office and I Iike a quiet life these day & don't date other women.
A sniggering pause then Oh you speak Spanish are you Venezuelan or Argentinian?
No English
! A confused look!
Then as they left for a taxi I overheard "Mira chica , Los ingleses son tan caballeros"
Yes I thought "we have callouses on our elbows"!!:cool:
Tuercas viejas

Last edited:
^ i agree, happy wife happy life. My wife gets the car she wanted (Jeep Wrangler) and I get the one I want - and she hates my SL. She thinks it’s a p**** extension midlife crisis. She doesn’t appreciate a throbbing V8 😉

To the OP, unless you are going to use the car yourself a lot I would look at returning it for something more to your wife’s liking..

^ i agree, happy wife happy life. My wife gets the car she wanted (Jeep Wrangler) and I get the one I want - and she hates my SL. She thinks it’s a p**** extension midlife crisis. She doesn’t appreciate a throbbing V8 😉

To the OP, unless you are going to use the car yourself a lot I would look at returning it for something more to your wife’s liking..
If only it was that easy, to just return it, its not, I have a pcp deal, I had the cash to buy outright, but don't see the point. Hopefully I will get her a new car of her own soon, will certainly help.

I’ve got the solution for you just do as I’ve done, every now and again I’ll take my wife out in my Subaru which is loud, harsh and pops and bangs not to mention the suspension has about as much give as a Edinburgh parking warden so after that she could ride a unicycle with no seat and think it’s luxurious 😂😂

If only it was that easy, to just return it, its not, I have a pcp deal, I had the cash to buy outright, but don't see the point. Hopefully I will get her a new car of her own soon, will certainly help.
I think you will find a cushion might help silence the complaints and prove considerably cheaper than changing the car & deal !

OP tell your other half the ride on the bus is a lot less comfortable! ;)

I think you will find a cushion might help silence the complaints and prove considerably cheaper than changing the car & deal !
Well said. Not the first solution that comes to mind, but it's a pragmatic little solution, although smaller wheels and bigger tyres work, if that's an option.

What car did she want?

Are your wheels 19”?

If so (as above) maybe you could try smaller wheels with Non run flat tyres.

@unimog had a full set of refurbished 5 spoke AMG 18’s. Very competitively priced too. They may still be available. 👍
I still have these... open to offers

18”s on non run flats compared to 19” with run flats are night and day. I left these on my w205 permanently with all season tyres in the end.

All a matter of what you're used to I suppose. I find even in Sport+ mode, with 19" run flat tyres, the ride in my C43 is quite comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom