Mrs Pot meets Mr Kettle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rex-Mac

Car
W212 E250 CDi
Leaving the M6 yesterday evening a lady in a Hyundai i10 pulled straight out in front of me on the roundabout. There was nothing on my nearside so I just lifted off the throttle and straightened the steering and then pulled back in line behind her with plenty of room to spare. No harm done, no bad feelings just one of those incidents that ended well.

At the next roundabout (traffic light controlled) both of us were waiting in the inside lane on red to take the first exit. She was first in line and to her right was a guy indicating he wanted to pull over to the left and take the first exit as well.

The lights changed to green and the lady in the Hyundai waited for him to pull away and allow him in, (very decent of her, or so I thought.) She then hit the gas and tried to drive up his nearside and block him from taking the exit. She had waited so long at the lights she was never going to bridge the gap so instead she drove right up to his bumper blasting the horn and flashing her lights. This continued for well over a mile until fortunately they took different directions. You just can't fathom some folk can you?

I agree with your tolerance. Life's too short and most of us make mistakes.

Perhaps she didn't 'wait' to let him in , rather was either daydreaming , or otherwise distracted ( phone ? ) and was late seeing the lights change/him move off , then took offence at him moving in front of her ? Daydreaming/distraction might also explain her conduct at the first roundabout ?

With a certain amount of fear of being shouted at for being sexist
can I suggest that the comment "a lady" seems to answer the question as to why the incidents happened

I get the impression some people deliberately pull out and not caring about the consequences.

Only in that a "gentleman" could also have done the same. Manners are not gender specific.

With a certain amount of fear of being shouted at for being sexist
can I suggest that the comment "a lady" seems to answer the question as to why the incidents happened

Are you really suggesting that these incidents are always gender specific?

I have seen many examples of stupid and inconsiderate driving and the vast majority of these are male drivers.

Is this going to be a 5 minute or 30 minute argument? :D

No you didn't :D

Actually saw someone go the wrong way around a large roundabout in Doncaster last week (Sandal park if anyone knows it) and then pulled into the shops. I was amazed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom