Msl 77mm Sc Pulley/Kleemann Dyno Results

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimiE55

Car
E55k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Na2mL-LmU

Hi Guys,

So a big Thanks to Acid, John, and all the guys that worked on the car at Msl recently. Some of you may know that along with Jules (Cyclone1) i was also having the Upd 77mm Sc Pulley fitted. There were a fews bits and pieces that needed doing, plus i decided to get a full service.

Mod work being done were:- Johnsons Ic pump, 77mm Sc pulley, kleemann Headers, remap, then Dyno.(split cooling to come) The results were pretty good, i will try to get the dyno sheet scanned and on here soon, for proper results. Hopefully the video above of the Dyno run works.

Results off the top of my head were (working on 18% Losses)

Standard 500Bhp (prob had a tune previously)
Headers only 550Bhp Torque (will ask Acid)
77mm Sc & Headers 619Bhp & 724lbs Torque

Needless to say, i am vey happy with the results on paper and the short time i have had to get used to Car again. As you might imagine, it has plenty of low down torque, with zero delay, but also it has a pretty smooth power delivery right through the rev range. Very Addictive, will update as i get used to it. :thumb:

Jimi C

It seems the 77mm pulley is taking cars past the magic 600bhp figure with only minor mods. So im looking forward to mine.

But at that kinda power, cooling is a MUST to get sorted.

Hey some Dyno Pics

Error message for this link.

Great figures Jimi. I bet you are pleased!

Yeah not sure why i couldn't upload properly, was just the dyno sheet Acid just popped on there. Yes thanks mate, very happy, it's a bit of a beast.

Regarding power losses from flywheel to wheels, I've seen 14% quoted, and 18%. Can anyone enlighten me as to which is generally accepted?

Thanks yes, it's bonkers i know. standard dyno run was 500bhp. Prob a tune previously.

So to recap , it's already bonkers how much
More bonkers is it , I know it's hard to explain
But we love thrust ;)

So to recap , it's already bonkers how much
More bonkers is it , I know it's hard to explain
But we love thrust ;)

Andrew it's a completely new car. Way more responsive, yes it's obviously brutal, but it's also a really smooth delivery right through the range. It's just way better, & really fxxxin swift! :bannana:

Regarding power losses from flywheel to wheels, I've seen 14% quoted, and 18%. Can anyone enlighten me as to which is generally accepted?

MSL (and most others) always tend to go for an 18% loss between flywheel and road wheels. Apparently this is a conservative estimate, but an estimate never the less.

There's an excellent write up HERE with regard to figures and power outputs

What did you have in mind?

Cheers,
Robert

I was thinking of the following as a least:-

1. Uprated Pump (Johnsons CM30).
2. Uprated Heat Exchanger (Eurocharged).
3. Split cooling (little reservoir under the hood).

A bigger reservoir in the boot, killer chiller system and/or water/meth spray might be a bit too much for this kind of a setup but it certainly wont hurt.

Very nice mate. Glad you get all that power from a few simple mods.
Ive just seen your comment on my youtube video regarding my power and sound. Im sure yours sounds just as good now.

Enjoy it mate.

Very nice mate. Glad you get all that power from a few simple mods.
Ive just seen your comment on my youtube video regarding my power and sound. Im sure yours sounds just as good now.

Enjoy it mate.

Thanks buddy, very happy with the results, & the way it drives. Yes your car sounds top notch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom