MSL CLS63 AMG TTE900 Turbo Upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Was that on the speedo Jules or via the laser timer at end of straight? I hit 190 in my GTR but on speedo it was 202[emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speedos are normally out a little. The timing beam was 197.4mph, can’t quite see in the video the speed on the clock as it went through the beams as it panned away, but hit 200mph on the speedo in 6th.
802093E4-0069-47C1-AE5E-477A4C5CEC9D.jpeg

Haha, I’m loving the white knuckle grip on steering wheel[emoji12]
So you’ve had turbos (DPs??)water meth injection all done by Acid??

Haha, I’m loving the white knuckle grip on steering wheel[emoji12]
So you’ve had turbos (DPs??)water meth injection all done by Acid??

I was bracing myself ready to stamp on the brakes as there is only a short braking distance.

Acid / MSL / Torqueflow did the turbos, downpipes including adaption and manifold including modification for the TTE set up. They did as expected an outstanding job.

Cooling Mist UK supplied the MethKit and Leadfoot Racing did the installation.

John (Big Fish Tuning) did the mapping from scratch - again superb work and an excellent map to match the upgrade

Jules

Haha yeah I remember thinking I wasn’t stopping in my GTR after braking well past the BRAKE NOW signs!!!
Great work Jules and god knows what yours must be like as mine just having the MSL stg1 Map is bloody rapid. What tyres you run? When I for mine the previous owner had fitted Perrelli P Zeros. They are shyte and so so hard I needed to reduce the pressures down a lot as car felt so harsh. Also the rears just have no grip and, albeit my CLS500 didn’t have anywhere near the power I have now, I had Yokohama’s on that and they were softer, quieter and had far more grip???

Haha yeah I remember thinking I wasn’t stopping in my GTR after braking well past the BRAKE NOW signs!!!
Great work Jules and god knows what yours must be like as mine just having the MSL stg1 Map is bloody rapid. What tyres you run? When I for mine the previous owner had fitted Perrelli P Zeros. They are shyte and so so hard I needed to reduce the pressures down a lot as car felt so harsh. Also the rears just have no grip and, albeit my CLS500 didn’t have anywhere near the power I have now, I had Yokohama’s on that and they were softer, quieter and had far more grip???

I’ve got 295 Pilot Super Sports on the rear and PS4S on the front. They are very good.

Ah good old MichelinPSS. You running standard size fronts?
I know you’ve lowered like mine and used the lowering links at the rear. Any pics of what it looks like with 295s and 20mm spacers?

Ah good old MichelinPSS. You running standard size fronts?
I know you’ve lowered like mine and used the lowering links at the rear. Any pics of what it looks like with 295s and 20mm spacers?

Yes standard size fronts. Will have to take a side on photo when I get the chance and will send it to you. Only current pic is below, but it doesn’t really show what you need to see very well.
2412AF4E-F9A5-4E08-B3B0-B7A961FB73F7.jpeg

I’ve got 295 Pilot Super Sports on the rear and PS4S on the front. They are very good.

That's exactly what i have on the CL Jules, waiting for the rears to wear out so i can fit PS4S. Except mine are standard 275/35/20" :)

That's exactly what i have on the CL Jules, waiting for the rears to wear out so i can fit PS4S. Except mine are standard 275/35/20" :)
I’ll be doing the same when the time comes

Quick Update on the TTE900+

Been a while since I’ve update on the car. But it’s now covered over 20k miles and is performing perfectly. It’s had 3 services with another due shortly and has actually had 4 oil changes as have changed viscosity recently. Gearbox service and plugs done twice as a precaution but all looked absolutely fine. The workmanship, quality of parts and mapping are really proving to be top notch - MSL, TTE (The Turbo Engineers), Big Fish Tuning and TorqueFlow, credit where credit is due.....

What a car! It still does 30mpg in on a run and is similar to a standard car around town.

Needs a few bits doing shortly - rear tyres (Supersports have done remarkably well as thought they wouldn’t last so long, current grip due to wear is poor though). Alloys Refurb as the paint has not held up well on the rears, with lots of minor chips from small stones (like road rash!).

Jules

Really enjoyed reading this thread. Great job they’ve all done for you.

Was also looking for tyre ideas. I’d been thinking PS4S might be worth a try. My current PS3 don’t always offer a lot of traction.

Wow, what a thread. Can't believe a twin-turbo CLS 63 would be capable of 30mpg on a run. I guess it's single figures when vmaxing?
What was it like as standard? Mapped ?
With mpg figures like that I could justify an E63 estate etc ...

Really enjoyed reading this thread. Great job they’ve all done for you.

Was also looking for tyre ideas. I’d been thinking PS4S might be worth a try. My current PS3 don’t always offer a lot of traction.

Ran PS4S on the front but with Supersports on the back. Currently have Goodyear Eagle F1’s on the front so may try these on the back.

Failing that will go PS4S, Pilot Cup of Yokohama AD08r

7BD53DC5-A9D1-4600-A19D-97FE8F3514A4.jpeg
Wow, what a thread. Can't believe a twin-turbo CLS 63 would be capable of 30mpg on a run. I guess it's single figures when vmaxing?
What was it like as standard? Mapped ?
With mpg figures like that I could justify an E63 estate etc ...

Yes 30mpg is possible. Standard and mapped would also be similar.

Looks like the more modern engines if driven with restraint, are quite economical. Must be techniques like shutting injectors down when the power is required etc.

You going full black on the wheels pal or sticking with what you’ve got? Or maybe even a gunmetal with a strong blue fleck?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom