MSL CLS63 AMG TTE900 Turbo Upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just curious, but at what point do you need to start thinking about different pistons, ring gaps, rods etc?

The bottom end is strong, but how strong?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Just curious, but at what point do you need to start thinking about different pistons, ring gaps, rods etc?
Just after the bang, while stood in a pool of hot engine oil?

;) :D :D :D

The bottom end is strong, but how strong?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Good question. Based on info available I’d say currently that 750whp (approx 900bhp) is ok but only with an excellent map. There are a few cars pushing more power 800-850whp with no engine issues as yet. However there are a few stories of blown engines, but this is normally down to a combination of a poor map and too much power / torque. The gearbox is more likely to let go than the engine, hence why a lot of care is taken at the mapping stage to control the torque.

Jules

Very interested in this thread, just read from start to finish...

Could you drop me a PM with rough costs as im pricing things up to get mine done soon, i already have a price on Turbo's so just curious what MSL charged for the fitting etc?
If its too personal then dont worry i'll give Acid a call as he's dealt with me and my car a few times.

Very interested in this thread, just read from start to finish...

Could you drop me a PM with rough costs as im pricing things up to get mine done soon, i already have a price on Turbo's so just curious what MSL charged for the fitting etc?
If its too personal then dont worry i'll give Acid a call as he's dealt with me and my car a few times.
Will PM you

Update

The Methanol injection kit has now been purchased and will be fitted over the next two weeks, along with final mapping......can’t wait and looking forward to the finished article..

Jules

This should be an absolute animal once finished.

Your insurance company are going to love you Jules:D

Update

The Methanol injection kit has now been purchased and will be fitted over the next two weeks, along with final mapping......can’t wait and looking forward to the finished article..

Jules

Haha you can't wait, it's not even my Car, and i can't wait to see how it finishes up Chief! Great to hear all about these Big Gun projects on the go currently.

The Beast has been dropped off for the real magic to happen, it’s driven faultlessly for the past 1k Miles on the new set up, which is testament to the installation and map......now it’s just a waiting game lol.....

impressive Jules, how much difference did the Meth make?

That's pretty impressive. What's the full spec?
TTE900 Turbos
Modified manifold
Bespoke downpipes (no cats)
UPD Intake system

It’s running just super unleaded so no race fuel, but Will be installing a Cooling Meth Kit soon and then further mapping.

Acid and John at Big Fish Tuning are doing a great job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom