MSL Dyno Day 2015 Aug 9th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ACID

MB Enthusiast
Car
C63 Supercharged Stage 3 and E63s Estate
Dyno Day

Date : 9/08/2015

Dyno Runs £50 Per Car

M156 Remap £600
M157 Remaps £750
M113 84mm Pulley and Maps £700
Diesel Remap OBD £250
Diesel Remaps BDM £300
A45 ECU Remaps £650

If anyone else needs anything extra please contact me on 07765 44 44 47

Acid

Last edited:
1. ChrisA
2. Daveenty
3. Developer
4. CraigWeistecC63
5. AMGeed +2
6. A45charlie
7. c63lee
8. C36fan
9. e55mo
10. Cyclone1
11. MrPoseidon
12. sjmaxwell
13. cb1965.... weather permitting. It's not my idea of fun driving 200 miles in the rain!
14. Amo

1. ChrisA
2. Daveenty
3. Developer
4. CraigWeistecC63
5. AMGeed +2
6. A45charlie
7. c63lee
8. C36fan
9. e55mo
10. Cyclone1
11. MrPoseidon
12. sjmaxwell
13. cb1965.... weather permitting. It's not my idea of fun driving 200 miles in the rain!
14. Amo

One quick question Acid. Is this list for attendees or for those having a dyno run?

One quick question Acid. Is this list for attendees or for those having a dyno run?

I'd say that list is just attendees. I'm not having a dyno run that day.

1. ChrisA
2. Daveenty
3. Developer
4. CraigWeistecC63
5. AMGeed +2
6. A45charlie
7. c63lee
8. C36fan
9. e55mo
10. Cyclone1
11. MrPoseidon
12. sjmaxwell
14. Amo
15. V8sam Dyno run

1. ChrisA
2. Daveenty
3. Developer
4. CraigWeistecC63
5. AMGeed +2
6. A45charlie
7. c63lee
8. C36fan
9. e55mo
10. Cyclone1
11. MrPoseidon
12. sjmaxwell
14. Amo
15. V8sam Dyno run
16. MicB

Mic

Set off at 7am to find the police had closed the main road south from my place due to an 'incident'. So turned round and headed north to pick up M65 at Burnley... slip road closed. Headed further north to find roadworks and road closures... after another 30 minutes was on M65... yay, but after about 10 miles .. traffic wombles holding traffic due to another 'incident'. After nearly 2 hours I was still further north of where I live. So I gave up! A Sunday in traffic is not my idea of fun!

Next time I guess.

Acid, will call you about the 77mm pulley this week and we can sort out a day!

Hope it's a good meet :thumb:

It was the usual busy day at MSL yesterday. I only stayed until mid afternoon so didn't get to see anything but A45's on the Dyno with some making strong numbers.

Was good to see a few familiar faces as well as some new ones.

Look forward to the next one and hopefully a few more 55's there.

Jules.

First time for me......I found it interesting, entertaining and educational.

Also very refreshing to find a public highway in the UK that is free from the inconvenience of having any speed limit.

Good to meet some previously known ''faces'' and be introduced to a few more......thanks John for doing the honours.....much appreciated.

Mic

PS You're all wonderfully bonkers.

Do we have any Dyno readings? any diesels on the list?

Thanks for the hospitality Acid (again :)).

No idea who had runs and who didn't really, though know that Ben with the red C63 seemed pleased with his exhaust mods and 520bhp. I left quite early, about 13.30, as I was heading to N Wales to meet up with a few friends, so missed most of the RWD stuff going on, though I wasn't going to bother with mine anyway as I know what it's doing. I also know that Chris is the same with his.

Good day, good people and a pleasant way to spend a Sunday. :)

@Mick: Nice to meet you and your Dad. :)

Very fun day, saw some very interesting cars. convoy up from london with Chris being the leader of the group was INTERESTING!! (we didnt break many speed limits)

Some tasty looking cars. Jules your CLS looked amazingly clean. Hope alternator is now fixed.

Saw quiet a few CLS 55s which was nice! Also caught few runs on the famous MSL 1/4 mile strip...some of these Weistec monsters scaring the hell out of some people with the sheer speed and noise!

Very fun day, saw some very interesting cars. convoy up from london with Chris being the leader of the group was INTERESTING!! (we didnt break many speed limits)

Some tasty looking cars. Jules your CLS looked amazingly clean. Hope alternator is now fixed.

Saw quiet a few CLS 55s which was nice! Also caught few runs on the famous MSL 1/4 mile strip...some of these Weistec monsters scaring the hell out of some people with the sheer speed and noise!

Cheers. The alternator was sorted ahead of Sunday thanks to Acid sourcing one considerably faster than MB (1 day v 7 days). Was hoping to fit the basic split cooling but I didn't bring all of the correct bits so will put it on hold for a few weeks now until I can revisit. Once done will pop it on the Dyno to check to see how effective it is at cooling v standard cooling set up and 77mm pulley.

Jules

Just to add to everyone's comments. Big thanks to Acid for arranging this GTG and being available to talk to during the day.

Nice to meet up with previous friends and meet a few more forum members I've not met before.

Huge thanks to ChrisA for trusting me to take his bonkers CLS for a quick burst. A real big step up from my standard car and it's convinced me a pulley/remap is worth doing, even though it will fall way short of Chris's cars power. My daughters boyfriend Sam was beside himself watching the launch controlled A45's take off and enjoyed his sprint in the CLS and Daves E63. He reckons he was shaking when he got out from the adrenaline rush. Oh, Ben kindly gave him a blast in his remapped C63 too.

@Matty. Don't fight it, it will be done:D
Finally, apologies for bailing early but I had to get back and I also had/still have dreadful Delhi belly from Sat evening. First time I've been able to sit at the PC for any time.

Does anyone know if Acid is posting a YouTube video of the days activities like last year?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom