MSL - Eurcharged Day - Picture/ Video and Discussion Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Only if they scale it to, if you look at the numbers then SLK32AMG has around 350/360 lb ft of torque at 5200 and around 350/360 bhp at 5200

Hmm no idea I'm afraid! Jerry had to drop off as I got a lot of wheel slip on one side due to a thinner tyre...

I think we should start up a new thread to discuss the dyno results!

Probably a good idea to start a new thread, assuming the other guys post their charts up.

So back to the pictures :bannana:

My favourite

37921d1374600696-msl-eurcharged-day-picture-video-discussion-thread-img_3449.jpg

Vin - will there be an official event video release like last time?

Had these come off today (wife driving on M1). They just look like they are covers over the back axle / arms and whilst damaged should easily tie wrap back on, so not too fussed. I think they may have become loose as a result of where the straps were applied on the dyno on Saturday, so it's just a watch out for others.

image-1330868266.jpg

rear arm covers, clips normally break on them, yes they will tie wrap up

New remap now adapted.......??

:eek:

Just been out in the car for the first time properly since Saturday and it is like an animal :eek:, I can't describe it any other way, it feels noticeably sharper, the gear changes are more instant (less throttle required to downshift) and it just feels more urgent :D

Now I have been around long enough to understand the placebo effect, but this is certainly not the case.

All the car had done on Saturday was a fine tune of the existing Eurocharged Map. Jerry did mention that the map takes a couple of hundred miles or so to adapt, of which I was sort of sceptical, but thinking about it, the car since Saturday has now done just over 200 miles as my wife took it on a long journey yesterday...so maybe what Jerry said is correct ;)

Anyone else notice this?

Jules.

Cyclone1 said:
:eek:

Just been out in the car for the first time properly since Saturday and it is like an animal :eek:, I can't describe it any other way, it feels noticeably sharper, the gear changes are more instant (less throttle required to downshift) and it just feels more urgent :D

Now I have been around long enough to understand the placebo effect, but this is certainly not the case.

All the car had done on Saturday was a fine tune of the existing Eurocharged Map. Jerry did mention that the map takes a couple of hundred miles or so to adapt, of which I was sort of sceptical, but thinking about it, the car since Saturday has now done just over 200 miles as my wife took it on a long journey yesterday...so maybe what Jerry said is correct ;)

Anyone else notice this?

Jules.

When I had my '32 fine tuned at the last event jerry produced an extra 30hp over the standard pulley map! Mid range and top end were noticeably more potent!

When I had my '32 fine tuned at the last event jerry produced an extra 30hp over the standard pulley map! Mid range and top end were noticeably more potent!

I just didn't buy the comment too much around the new map adapting....on the drive home from MSL on Saturday it felt as good as ever so was happy knowing that the map is now optimised. I've had all sorts of car mapped / remapped etc over the years and never noticed a change like this through adaption, most are instant or it is that minor you just don't notice it.

Anyway, I can't complain. I even went back out again just to double check given it's back up to 26 degs here and it still drives like an animal...:thumb:

Jules.

Cyclone1 said:
I just didn't buy the comment too much around the new map adapting....on the drive home from MSL on Saturday it felt as good as ever so was happy knowing that the map is now optimised. I've had all sorts of car mapped / remapped etc over the years and never noticed a change like this through adaption, most are instant or it is that minor you just don't notice it.

Anyway, I can't complain. I even went back out again just to double check given it's back up to 26 degs here and it still drives like an animal...:thumb:

Jules.

Mine felt more aggressive straight away lol,
I was driving earlier with flip flops and took them off, and soon as my big toe touched the accelerator I was off , changing down gears ect .
Very responsive now I love it .

I have done very few miles...however driving back from MSL it did feel smoother, and definitely still beast like...I will probably not use the car much till end September (driving the SL)...so cannot comment on adaptation...my GF reckons the car sounds louder from previous map, I am not too sure...mental machine!

Hi Lee,

Just click on attachments (paper clip symbol) and upload pics and video files from phone via usb lead.

Cheers
DSB.

Hi Lee,

Just click on attachments (paper clip symbol) and upload pics and video files from phone via usb lead.

Cheers
DSB.

thanks mate I remember now lol. here goes.
cheers lee.
:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom