MSL here i come.........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Merkaholic

Car
Mercedes CLS 320cdi
Booked in tomorrow morning at 9am for a remap on my CLS 320. im going for the more economy enclined remap. Any advice or poonters would be helpful.

Persuade Acid to get the Chicken in.

The only recommendation needed :D

That's not just any chicken, either!

Very interested to see the outcome of this as I will be remapping my 320 CDI soon but definitely going for a power map as any loss of fuel economy is irrelevant for my usage. Are you having it rolled to check power output?

Good luck tomorrow, safe journey... Faster one home :D

So here it goes..........booked myself into MSL late monday evening for a 9am Tuesday morning dyno remap. Initially i was going to leave london 6am on Tuesday but then decided to drive upto Leicester on Monday evening with mrs and my daughter.....mrs sister lives there.......im glad i did that. Unfortunately due to traffic i ended up getting there at 920am..........by the way for some odd reason i could not get a proper nights sleep due to the excitement (im not one to be shy when it comes to sleep).
Handed the keys to the intimidating receptionist and filled out the relevant docs. Before i even got to the couch the CLS was in the garage. Whilst in reception i keept thinking whos this guy "acid" eveyone keeps mentioning on the forum..........i bet his 6"6 tall and 20 stone tattooed head to toe with a deep scary voice like some of his exhausts. Everytime someone came in reception from the garage i was thinking is that "acid"???? I was actualy too shy to ask at reception who acid was. Anyway around 12.15pm i got called into the pool room from where i can watch the dyno in action. Prior to the dyno test i asked to speak to the technician who was working on my car. We were discussing figures etc and i mentioned i wanted a economy map. The tech said basicly as long as i dont thrash the car the mpg on a economy to power map will be same. I thought fair enough........anyway as me and the tech are chatting away, he mentions the place belongs to him (mentioned it with a very humble voice) so instantly i asked who "acid" is...........he smiles and say "me"............bloody hek, the picture i painted of "acid" in my mind and the actual person could not be worlds apart........lol

In terms of the remap the car feels much better. The gear changes seem smother and power is forever lasting. The mpg has improved with similair figures to what acid mentioned.

So here it goes..........booked myself into MSL late monday evening for a 9am Tuesday morning dyno remap. Initially i was going to leave london 6am on Tuesday but then decided to drive upto Leicester on Monday evening with mrs and my daughter.....mrs sister lives there.......im glad i did that. Unfortunately due to traffic i ended up getting there at 920am..........by the way for some odd reason i could not get a proper nights sleep due to the excitement (im not one to be shy when it comes to sleep).
Handed the keys to the intimidating receptionist and filled out the relevant docs. Before i even got to the couch the CLS was in the garage. Whilst in reception i keept thinking whos this guy "acid" eveyone keeps mentioning on the forum..........i bet his 6"6 tall and 20 stone tattooed head to toe with a deep scary voice like some of his exhausts. Everytime someone came in reception from the garage i was thinking is that "acid"???? I was actualy too shy to ask at reception who acid was. Anyway around 12.15pm i got called into the pool room from where i can watch the dyno in action. Prior to the dyno test i asked to speak to the technician who was working on my car. We were discussing figures etc and i mentioned i wanted a economy map. The tech said basicly as long as i dont thrash the car the mpg on a economy to power map will be same. I thought fair enough........anyway as me and the tech are chatting away, he mentions the place belongs to him (mentioned it with a very humble voice) so instantly i asked who "acid" is...........he smiles and say "me"............bloody hek, the picture i painted of "acid" in my mind and the actual person could not be worlds apart........lol

In terms of the remap the car feels much better. The gear changes seem smother and power is forever lasting. The mpg has improved with similair figures to what acid mentioned.
Pleasure Meeting You :)

MSL is a cool place full of cool cars and guys. They did lots of work on my CLS back in Jan, from a service to preventative measures and mods and they were amazingly easy to deal with and know everything about cars. I live in the NE, but I'd happily drive my car there for a service if my indie wasn't available or to get the breaks done for example because they are 100% trustworthy and love their cars. I can't wait to get my E63 into them for an LSD and once the warranty runs out, perhaps a remap and some exhaust work done.

On a side note I had my then 3 year old son with me as we were picking the car up to head to my sister's for a few days in London and they looked after him with crisps, chocolate and some pop. I didn't get no chicken though! Although my boy didn't enjoy the the Dyno noise, he loved the rest. Turns out Acid's son shares the same name with my son as well, Acid being very friendly guy. It seemed a hectic and mad place mind, but in a good way. I could spend all day there just looking at the cars and how they do their thing tbh.

Acid reminds me of the crazy professor from back to the future lol

I have a friend who tried to make the same thing but unfortunately he didn't want to pay too much...his car is dying now lol.

Its worth the time to travel to someone you trust with you pride and joy :)

This place sounds awesome! I’m looking to get my new 220cdi remapped in the near future, where is this place based?

This place sounds awesome! I’m looking to get my new 220cdi remapped in the near future, where is this place based?

Its in Birmingham. Easy enough to find coming up from Portsmouth.
A34> M40> M42> A45 > Armoury Rd Small Heath.

what kind of bhp increase did you get and how much? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom