MSL New Courtesy Car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisA

MB Enthusiast
Car
CL 63 Biturbo 2014 - S63L 2010 - CLS Weistec MSL Monster (RIP)
So......car is in at MSL for modifying cooling mods as not optimal

....which means I received their A45 AMG modified monster :eek:

Last year I had the pleasure of using their C63 800bhp mad machine for 4 weeks and that was a little too uncomfortable due to the racing set up.
This time I was also worried that the A45 would be uncomfortable on long trips but I was very wrong about that ;)

Left Birmingham and headed down the M40. Cruising at around 90 (kmh :rolleyes:) the car is very noisy on the road, probably the tyre set up, but really surprising was the lack of exhaust/engine sound. My car is very loud from the exhaust and the supercharger whine but this the complete opposite.....until...............you floor it :eek:
The acceleration is very impressive, from 90 to 140 the turbo sound is impressive and the gear changes in S mode sound like a misfire :thumb:

Met a Ferrari California T along the way who was up for a little play time so off we went :cool:
Few miles down the road he pulled alongside and with windows down asked wtf was under the bonnet :dk:
I told him it was stock 381bhp (Lee63's favourite line) but he definitely didn't buy the yarn, smiled and left at the next junction.

The A45 of MSL is well set up with the coilovers, nice comfortable ride in C mode gliding over the $hite roads we have in the UK and in S mode grips really well on hard cornering.
The seven-speed dual-clutch gearbox is something I'd have to get used to as my 5 speed is something I enjoy very much. Very quick shifting from 1st up to 4th.

Would I buy one? No but that it due to liking family saloons as opposed to hot hatch but with the power upgrades (More to come I'm told) and suspension set up that MSL have achieved it really is something of a pocket rocket and a real eye catcher.

I have a week to commute to work in so will add a little more when the car goes back to Brum

Thanks as always to MSL and hopefully you'll receive your car back in one piece but a few thousand miles heavier ;)
The Command screen is just like a Tablet shoved on to the dash and looks a little cheap and tacky but the information top notch

I was there Tuesday. Got offered a beach buggy! :D

Nice one Chris.

Cali T is good (560PS) was debating weather to get one when I got rid of my Cali 30 but went for a 911 and saved my money!

booo i was only offered the smart car on the dyno day... :-(

Think I will wait till he gets the GT-S then drop mine off for some more work :)

I was there Tuesday. Got offered a beach buggy! :D

That thing is mental. I've only heard Imran drive it off once but it is very loud and the sound system is good as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom