MSL Portable Custom Remap Handheld My Genius Devices

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Did you connect to a battery charger? The YouTube video really stresses that you should.

I asked Acid about this as I was concerned but he assured me that it was ok not to have it connected so I did it without a battery charger

I would think unless you have a battery low warning on the car you would be absolutely fine

I asked Acid about this as I was concerned but he assured me that it was ok not to have it connected so I did it without a battery charger

I would think unless you have a battery low warning on the car you would be absolutely fine
That's good as I wouldn't know where to start if i had to!!

No.... I didn’t connect to a battery charger either.

No..... the map that MSL will send you will be absolutely fine to run without any further tweaking.

I plan on fitting some aftermarket down pipes and some K&N/Piper Cross filters, so once I have these fitted I’ll take the car to MSL for some final tweaking as the map I ordered was the Stage 1 (totally standard car, with no additional modifications). As part of you ordering the map from MSL, they will ask you if your car has any other modifications and if you have.......the map will be tailored to take these into account. MSL are the Mercedes experts and have done so many cars, they know where changes will be needed to take most modifications into account, or you can pay them a visit and they’ll put you car on their Rolling Road which simulates real driving and they will check items like the fuelling (Air to fuel ratio), Timing and Advance Curves, Boost Settings etc to ensure all parameters are correct and optimised.

If you have no other modifications, you’ll be totally fine with the map they send.

“Acid” and his guys are all very knowledgable and will answer any questions you might have and also advise you what options you could consider for the future, should you want even more power........ It’s very Addictive 😁😁😁
My Genius device has arrived and I’ll download the stock map tomorrow to send to MSL. Reading your post has got me wondering about downpipes, I guess they give more power, but as they seem to delete a pair of cats, do they cause problems come MOT time.
Any thoughts would be helpful as I may get both done at the same time....

My Genius device has arrived and I’ll download the stock map tomorrow to send to MSL. Reading your post has got me wondering about downpipes, I guess they give more power, but as they seem to delete a pair of cats, do they cause problems come MOT time.
Any thoughts would be helpful as I may get both done at the same time....

My two previous W204 C63’s had no problems passing their MOT’s and my last W204 was MOT’d by Mercedes Dealership, the emissions met the test requirements and MSL secondary decat wasn’t even questioned. I’d have a chat with MSL re a W205, but I’m sure they’ve done enough by now to give you an answer.

Last edited:
I thought the MOT laws had changed now, so that any obvious interference/removal of the cats was a fail regardless of emissions ?
Maybe only on newer vehicles ?

The thing is that relatively speaking, not many MOT inspectors are particularly familiar with specific AMG Models and MSL do such a neat job, it’s virtually un noticeable. I never have the pops & bangs mapped into any of my cars (they have enough for me as stock) which draws less attention that the car may have been modified.

Got my device this week, map was back to me within 3 hours of sending the original file over! I plugged in a charger whilst doing the map and was glad I did given the workout it gave the fan. Only had a short run out in it so far but it feels absolutely on it now, livelier all round and not likely to slow down until well into triple figures. Amusingly I now live about 30 mins from a stretch of unlimited autobahn so I will see what the old girl is capable of sooner than later! Highly recommended, very simple and effective mod!

Got my device this week, map was back to me within 3 hours of sending the original file over! I plugged in a charger whilst doing the map and was glad I did given the workout it gave the fan. Only had a short run out in it so far but it feels absolutely on it now, livelier all round and not likely to slow down until well into triple figures. Amusingly I now live about 30 mins from a stretch of unlimited autobahn so I will see what the old girl is capable of sooner than later! Highly recommended, very simple and effective mod!
Let us know the autobahn result.

I had my device this week and managed to install the map on Tuesday. Acid and Andrew at MSL were really helpful and explained everything in detail. The car feels much more alive than it did, especially in comfort. As others have said, the low and mid range "grunt" is significantly greater than standard, and I now grin when in comfort, when that only used to happen in Sport+. It's rained/been wet pretty much since then and so I haven't had a proper chance to explore it, but I am confident that it has transformed an already capable car into something much more.

The only slight surprise was how much of an impact it had on my insurance. As a 50+ with a clean record, it invalidated my existing insurance with Admiral, and the cheapest I could get it for was an extra £220. Not massive I know, but still surprising.

Anyone else had similar experiences?

I haven't tuned my C63 but I have tuned every other car I've had and I think some owners of tuned cars sometimes forget to inform their insurance company. Especially if they have a way to flash the car back to standard if needed.

I haven't tuned my C63 but I have tuned every other car I've had and I think some owners of tuned cars sometimes forget to inform their insurance company. Especially if they have a way to flash the car back to standard if needed.
I did think about it ;) but I decided that I didn't want to risk not being able to flash it back if I had an accident

Funny I am with admiral and it was only going to add £40. 42 full no claims in a good postcode

My two previous W204 C63’s had no problems passing their MOT’s and my last W204 was MOT’d by Mercedes Dealership, the emissions met the test requirements and MSL secondary decat wasn’t even questioned. I’d have a chat with MSL re a W205, but I’m sure they’ve done enough by now to give you an answer.
Subscribed

Hi guys - Just to let you know we are doing a Group Buy on these at discounted prices.

Drop us a message or call for more information
Hi ACID are you still doing the group discount?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom