MSL tomorrow hopefully, need a dyno run.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peter DLM

MB Enthusiast
Car
19 reg CLS 350d, 67 reg AMG GT R Caterham Levante
I'm planning on turning up around 3.30pm, hope to get my E63 run up. It's now covered 1100 miles and needs a good seeing to. :bannana:

Hmmm, I might be around Pete.

Great fun :thumb:.

I may also be popping down, John Whatsapp me if you go!

Just discovered they close at 3pm on Saturday. Might have to be next week now.

Onsite at MSL.

This will be interesting Peter. I'm thinking around 580 bhp

611 HP at the crank. 519 at the wheels. :thumb:

Two facelift E63 TT together. Quite rare. It was nice to catch up with John Developer after 4 years or so and compare cars. I also met Craig and saw his crazy C63.

Last edited:
Well you know the drill for that ;)

I'm sure Acid gave you all the options avail.

Good to meet you today Pete and catch up John. Sure I will be back down MSL soon!!

Thought it would be interesting to compare the chart for my standard pre-facelift PPP car:

b23a7ebd-dfe2-4d3c-975c-1208eb564ec8_zpsqvi4u2vo.jpg

Almost identical peak HP, but the torque is managed quite differently. Interesting...

That is interesting indeed! Developer's 'S' facelift also had more torque when compared against HP, having 638/638 (crank measurement) whereas yours has a lot more torque than HP. It would be handy if the Y axis was RPM instead of MPH. Torque a lot higher for most of the rev range, but seems to tail off earlier? The HP curve is also a totally different shape!

My car just rolled over onto 1200 miles as Acid drove it off the dyno, so still tight and maybe more to give once Silverstone track day and Terminal Velocity top speed runs are over.

They're all the same when mapped so the torque difference must purely be details in the ECU.

Last edited:
The more I look at it the more it looks like they're from totally different motors, the shapes of the curves are so different, nice the way yours hangs on to the peak HP for so long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom