MSL vs GAD

MSL or GAD (read first)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thank you all for your input.

After reading your replies, I found numerous members who went to MSL and got numbers even bigger than what I was after.
I’m following my gut and going back to my original decision, which is to go with MSL.

Like previously stated, I was curious as to what can be achieved with this engine when you have good people working on it; my goal was to get a reliable increase in performance, as I am planning to keep the car until I double the mileage. So removing the EGR, DPF and swirl flaps is, to me, a reliability concern first and foremost — those will cause issues sooner or later.

I had decided to go with MSL because I kept reading good things about them since I started looking into Mercedes tuners in the UK (I was set on a M113k car a few months back) and “Acid” kept coming up in the recommendations.
Then the sale fell through and I decided to buy another Mercedes to take my mind off that Mercedes. It was a S350CDI, and this is how I found out about GAD.
Talked with them, got the feeling that they’re more about having large amounts of customers than having customers bring large amounts of work to them (if you know what I mean). Changed my mind about the S350, got an SQ5, Darkside developments are the guys to see, and that was that.

Fast forward a few months, I got this E350, rare car (I think it’s the only one with this spec in the UK), thought I should treat it to the best there is — my gut was saying MSL, but the ratings said to make sure I’m not mistaken about GAD — hence, this poll. 2 days later, I’m sure about my gut.

At this point I would like to once again thank you all for your replies which helped me to understand who offers exactly what I want and need.

I will report back after seeing MSL.

Kindest regards,
XandeR

Interestingly no one has come forward with a tale of woe about either of them
Very good point. Very telling and EXTREMELY rare, as negative experiences are usually vociferously voiced on forums such as this!

My CLS350 cdi makes 322 bhp and 530 lb ft/718 nm. I have the dyno chart. It was remapped (by a previous owner) at MSL, using a Big Fish Tuning map. GAD quoted ballpark figures of 295 bhp and 700 nm.

Thank you all for your input.

After reading your replies, I found numerous members who went to MSL and got numbers even bigger than what I was after.
I’m following my gut and going back to my original decision, which is to go with MSL.

Like previously stated, I was curious as to what can be achieved with this engine when you have good people working on it; my goal was to get a reliable increase in performance, as I am planning to keep the car until I double the mileage. So removing the EGR, DPF and swirl flaps is, to me, a reliability concern first and foremost — those will cause issues sooner or later.

I had decided to go with MSL because I kept reading good things about them since I started looking into Mercedes tuners in the UK (I was set on a M113k car a few months back) and “Acid” kept coming up in the recommendations.
Then the sale fell through and I decided to buy another Mercedes to take my mind off that Mercedes. It was a S350CDI, and this is how I found out about GAD.
Talked with them, got the feeling that they’re more about having large amounts of customers than having customers bring large amounts of work to them (if you know what I mean). Changed my mind about the S350, got an SQ5, Darkside developments are the guys to see, and that was that.

Fast forward a few months, I got this E350, rare car (I think it’s the only one with this spec in the UK), thought I should treat it to the best there is — my gut was saying MSL, but the ratings said to make sure I’m not mistaken about GAD — hence, this poll. 2 days later, I’m sure about my gut.

At this point I would like to once again thank you all for your replies which helped me to understand who offers exactly what I want and need.

I will report back after seeing MSL.

Kindest regards,
XandeR
I think you have made the correct choice, Acid and team will look after you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom