Mud Flaps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aslam

Car
Mercedes Benz W123
Hi

I have a 1977 W123 ( 1977 ) . Ive recently had it all done up body work etc ,,and now except for carpet mostly everything is done and looking good .
My question is should i install mud flaps to protect the bodywork ??
Any advice would be appreciated ,,,,

I'm a fan, have them on both cars - except the rear OS one on the S204 fell off some time ago. The amount of muck on that side behind the wheel is very noticable compared to the NS. However, you may have trouble finding some for such an old car, genuine MB for my 2008 SLK are NLA but I was lucky enough to find an unused set being auctioned on eBay within about 9 months of getting the car!

I'm a fan, have them on both cars - except the rear OS one on the S204 fell off some time ago. The amount of muck on that side behind the wheel is very noticable compared to the NS. However, you may have trouble finding some for such an old car, genuine MB for my 2008 SLK are NLA but I was lucky enough to find an unused set being auctioned on eBay within about 9 months of getting the car!
Many thanks 🙏 for reply . I think mud flaps would be good . I know I cannot get genuine ones ,,so will have to source decent after market ones

I fitted some plain black Rally Armor universal ones to the rear of my S212. Very easy to modify and very cheap but excellent quality. They look quite innocuous as well so dont let the rally tag put you off.

I fitted some plain black Rally Armor universal ones to the rear of my S212. Very easy to modify and very cheap but excellent quality. They look quite innocuous as well so dont let the rally tag put you off.
Cheers ,,,im taking all advice on board

Hi

I have a 1977 W123 ( 1977 ) . Ive recently had it all done up body work etc ,,and now except for carpet mostly everything is done and looking good .
My question is should i install mud flaps to protect the bodywork ??
Any advice would be appreciated ,,,,
I fitted a set but the rubber was not flexible enough & although I positioned them low enough to be effective but not so low as to be easily ripped off the fronts still caught on a low kerb & damaged. Also muck gets trapped behind them. With them the sills still get dirtied as does the rear panel. May still try a softer rubber maybe cut to size from a blank sheet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom