mudflap clips

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

geoffd

Car
2006 SL 350
Hi

Does anyone know where I can buy the metal P shaped clips and their plastic L shaped retainers used to secure the mudflaps of an SLK ?

There are 3 different sizes of clip and 2 sizes of retainers used on the SLK, but MB only supply 1 size of clip (not the one I need) and no retainers as separate items - And they call this a clip set! and charge a whopping £3.70 for a 1 inch long clip which can't be used without a retainer !!!!

MB's solution to lost clips/retainers is a new mudflap set at about £65 - which will contain about 64 quids worth of stuff that I don't need.

They also can't/won't tell me who makes the original equipment mud flap kits.

Somebody must make these things. Help.

Geoffd

Ungortuantely,, there is no way around this other then to buy the full mudflap set from the Stealers. I was in same situation as urself. 1* spring clip on my front mudfalp had been broken when the Stealer had managed to curb one of my alloys when they had my car for some warranty work.

In the end I was lucky as I knew someone who had a same model car as a courtesy car from the same Stealer and I just helped myself to the clip that I needed... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom