Should i get Mudflaps on my W211

• Yes!

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • No!

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Who cares?

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

digisatman

I dont have mudflaps, i was thinking if the mudflaps are any useful. Could everybody please give the advantages/disadvantages.

thanks,

Digisatman

I personally don't think so. I like to be able to see my chunky big tyres as I approach the car!:devil:

Don't do it! They look shockingly crap and they never fit properly.

Looks like I'm in the minority.

I have no idea why anyone would say they don't fit properly?

anyway you asked about a 211, and here are some pictures of flaps on a 211 estate.

flap.jpg

flap1.jpg

Regards,
John the flapper

Edit
Mudflaps protect the cars bodywork and reduce spray :)

Last edited:
I agree with Glojo. They really do help keep the car cleaner and stop damage.

But then I have real mud on my roads!

True - but they also look flappy. And thats bad. ;)

OEM flaps usually fit & look fine, and if you have mud/stones do provide some protection. I always have them on my everyday cars, not appropriate for my R129 though :)

Sharaninmud.jpg

Get them as they do a good job of keeping cr*p from from getting on to the car's lower body. I have them on the W203 and they look fine. I have 8J wheels/tyres on the rear and because of the design of the mud flap on the W203 I can see still see my tyre wall from the rear view. :)

DSC01140.jpg

DSC01136.jpg

DSC01134.jpg

DSC01150.jpg

I had mud-flaps on my first W210. When the facelift came out I had them fitted again. Unfortunately for me the facelift was lower and the flaps were the same length. OEM by the way. Result they used to catch on speed bumps and make an awful row. Never again.:crazy:

mudflaps ruin the lines of cars .. no matter how well they fit, the looked tacked on (which they are). hate them

OEM flaps usually fit & look fine, and if you have mud/stones do provide some protection. I always have them on my everyday cars, not appropriate for my R129 though :)

Sharaninmud.jpg

That tailgate's a poor fit on that Sharan ...... ;)

That tailgate's a poor fit on that Sharan ...... ;)
:D Very good,
I'm not convinced that the proper Mercedes-Benz mudflaps spoil the lines\looks of a 211. In fact I would suggest they don't stand out very much at all.

when looking at the car on my signature, do the mudflaps stand out? I accept it is a small picture, but anything that disrupts the lines of a car, or detract from its looks will draw the eyes towards it?

Look at the general picture of the rear of Flash's car, the mudflaps don't stand out that much and his car only has a primer based colour :)

Regards,
John

they are crap , expensive and fall off easilly.

Don't waste your money !

they are crap , expensive and fall off easilly.

Don't waste your money !

They will IF you mount pavements with high kerbs and speed over "stupid" speed humps...!!! :D

Look at the general picture of the rear of Flash's car, the mudflaps don't stand out that much and his car only has a primer based colour :)

Cheeky git...! :devil:

i wish .. all dealer fitted and all freebies..!!
:D :D And I thought you were a decent driver?? I bet you never hit any kerbs with them, or went over any severe speed humps. They just simply dropped off all by themselves? :) :)

These modern flaps are bolted into place and even have mouldings to make them more secure. I fully respect folks that don't like them and don't mind having their paintwork pebble dashed, but modern OEM dealer installed flaps just plopping off??

flap2.jpg

Three years and no fall out? :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom