Mugged by a NOX sensor on the last day of ownership

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

V6GBJ

Car
GLC 43
Yesterday I swapped my 2018 GLC 350D for an AMG GLC 43. The independent dealer with whom I was PXing had not seen the GLC 350D until the day of GLC 43 collection. Naturally they took a good look at the 350D including a diagnostic plug in. To my horror they found a NOX sensor warning code. It cost me an extra £360 to drive away the GLC 43! However, I am pleased that I did not keep the car long enough for any of the other three sensors to fail. I hope I shall be luckier with petrol engine. :)

Yesterday I swapped my 2018 GLC 350D for an AMG GLC 43. The independent dealer with whom I was PXing had not seen the GLC 350D until the day of GLC 43 collection. Naturally they took a good look at the 350D including a diagnostic plug in. To my horror they found a NOX sensor warning code. It cost me an extra £360 to drive away the GLC 43! However, I am pleased that I did not keep the car long enough for any of the other three sensors to fail. I hope I shall be luckier with petrol engine. :)
I hope you are, I have used a couple of fills of E10 and have now got the engine management light on. Probably a Nox sensor, might not be related to E10 but seems that it may well be :rolleyes:

I hope you are, I have used a couple of fills of E10 and have now got the engine management light on. Probably a Nox sensor, might not be related to E10 but seems that it may well be :rolleyes:
Why are you using E10???????????????????

Why are you using E10???????????????????
Penny pinching !, at the time it just seemed a little lighter on the pocket. Back to E5 now as the difference in cost is hardly worth worrying about. If the engine management light is the result of using E10 then I have shot myself in the foot :rolleyes:

Did they carry out an equally intensive inspection of the car you bought or was it sold as seen?

As usual the little guy is penalised to subsidised the trader.

Penny pinching !, at the time it just seemed a little lighter on the pocket. Back to E5 now as the difference in cost is hardly worth worrying about. If the engine management light is the result of using E10 then I have shot myself in the foot :rolleyes:
Life's a bitch. Especially when you have to run 99 Ron (Da Doo Ron Ron?) at £stoopid and 19.8mpg.

Did they carry out an equally intensive inspection of the car you bought or was it sold as seen?

As usual the little guy is penalised to subsidised the trader.
I'll be taking the GLC 43 to my local Indie next week and they will do a free and thorough health check. It has a three month warranty.

Was it a current code or a historical one? Did they clear the code and see if it came back again? What scanner did they use, and did they show you the code?

Not that I'm suspicious.....

A couple of years ago i was taking my ML back to Mercland who had made me a good cash offer on it, having bought it from the 11 months previously. It had run faultlessly since I had bough it , covered 6000 miles, but 20 miles into the return trip a warning light appeared. Jay kindly said if it was a wheel speed sensor he would cover the cost and
as expected it turned out to be a wheel sensor !
if I am in the market again for another Mercedes’ and cannot afford something new, or very nearly , I would definitely go and get Jay to find me one as I would feel confident of getting a decent one at a reasonable price 👍

Was it a current code or a historical one? Did they clear the code and see if it came back again? What scanner did they use, and did they show you the code?

Not that I'm suspicious.....
They showed it to me on the scanner. I am no expert on scanners but it looked genuine. I assume it was an early warning prior to a serious message showing up on the dashboard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom