Multi car insurance policies.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul

Car
2011 E220
On behalf of my brother:

Can any one recomend a insurance Co' that deals with multiple cars. He has at the moment:

S320cdi / E220 cab' / New CLK cab' due June and is getting a Discovery as a run around.

He says most companys will honour his NCD on two cars but he will have to insure the others without any NCD.

His arguement is he can only drive 1 car at a time and to steal any of the cars from his house you would have to:

Get past electric gates, then cross flood light courtyard, then break into garage, then get passed car alarms and finally by pass immobilers, oh and the S-class has NAV-TRACK installed.

Originally posted by Paul

He says most companys will honour his NCD on two cars

Paul,

Please can you ask your bro the name of these companys, I've not been able to get that deal and could really use it at the moment as I'm running two cars.

Thanks.

Originally posted by GRAV888
I use a company called Footman James for my joint policies.
I insure a 911 ,928s and the c180 on the same policy for under £600.
Insurance linky :)

Sod off. :p

On behalf on Koolvin, Shude, myself and any other young drivers, who pay double for just the one car!

My insurance on my car is £1200 a year :(

There's been tons of discussions on this over on Pistonheads - with recommendations, pitfalls, etc ..

K

Originally posted by GrahamC230K
Sod off. :p

On behalf on Koolvin, Shude, myself and any other young drivers, who pay double for just the one car!
I wish I only pay double that, my premium is likely to be just short of 2 grand this year :(

Is it safe to mention that my insurance is £240 and that includes Breakdown recovery, Roadside assistance and Home start?
Mind you, I'm a doddery old git,

..... or perhaps £304, fully comp, for business use, unlimited mileage, me & mrs Kinky, parked on driveway, braeakdown services, etc ...

Mind you, I'm not a doddery old git

Last edited:
Oh to have a three-figure premium, if only! :(

I even did an Advanced Driving course last year to try and bring my premium down but most places don't care. Those that do offer a paltry discount.

Mine is £220 fully comp with MORE THAN, they have offered a discount on second car which is a Cavalier, by the way does anyone know anything about auto boxes on Cavaliers ??
i know i'm sorry this is a Merc club. But had to ask

Hey guys what happened to my original question??

:confused: :confused:

Oh well if you cant beat them: Mines £330 with wife and parked on street and classed as an import :) :) .

Hi Greg,
I'm with Elephant linky .
They are the internet arm of Admiral.

Right back to subject, Brother has got a policy with CHUBB insurance services. The policy is a FAMILY FLEET policy.
This also covers him to drive any car what so ever and with fully comp cover. He is also covered to drive any hire car in any country on this policy.

He doesnt get a courtesy car (not needed anyway) but they give him a max £4000 hire payment. Therefore if his car is being repaired he can hire anycar eg: a Rolls @ £1000 p-day for 4 days
or a Smart Car @ £10 p-day for 400 days. You get the idea.

The grand total for his current 3 cars is ...................£2300.

Some of you seem to be paying a lot for your insurance. I get mine for £780 including class 1 business and modifications (suspension and wheels).

I'd sell my car if I had to pay over a grand!

I just hope it does not go up too much in August when I renew
:(

The cheapest insurance I ever had was £950 to drive a 12 year old vauxhall astra 1.3 merit 3 years ago, TPFT! I'm fairly certain that it's my area that pushes the premium up so much :(

Insurance

Shude,

What's your driving record like, your quotes are sky high !

I can believe the oldies getting good rates for their experience and maturity :) but what have they got against you ??

At 26 and living in the London area quotes have never been above £600 squid, even for the Avantgarde Baby Benz.

I've switched between Admiral, Direct Line and Churchill over the years and they are usually within a hundred pounds of each other at re-quote.

Insurance these days is a rip-off but four figures !!

Andrew

I'm only 35 ..... so borderline 'oldie' (I hope)

Re: Insurance

Originally posted by AJTHOMAS
What's your driving record like, your quotes are sky high !
My driving record is:

25 years old. / full licence since June 1995, no endorsements or convictions ever / only ever had one accident, which was in Feb this year (insurance has not gone up by much considering I lost all my NCD etc).

I should add that when I put my friend's postcode into one of the insurance instant-quote websites I saved about £800 over my own postcode :eek: .

Thats a really nice gesture from you Greg, hope you have luck shude.

Now this is what I call a real forum community.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom