Multi CD changer 08 R230

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MD5

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
wme451 a124 r129 s211 r230
The multi cd changer isn't working in my car, and I've checked the EPC, where it's listed as item 166, but saying the item no. is not valid for this model description. Can anyone help with a part no. please, or they are universal?

If its showing not valid, its a retrofit - so anything could be wrong ! Shame the retrofitter didn't do the job properly and update the datacard.

Cheers

R

Thanks, Richard. Curiously, it's showing as option 819 on the data card.

Are these units interchangeable between models?

819 is CDC, so not sure why it wasn't showing you what you were looking for. There are a couple of different size changers (over time) and I suspect some can do MP3. Theres also the 'din size' single slot changer used on E class W211, SLK R171, and others.

Whats you VIN ?

Cheers

R

Mine reads MP3 files, and it's fitted into the rear cubby box behind the passenger's seat. I suspect I'm having issues with the owner's club access to EPC, as a few other things are showing as not valid. I've just bought the car, and haven't found any aux in sockets, so I'd like it working/replaced! A part no. would be great, thanks Richard.

Vin no is

Last edited by a moderator:
EPC says A203 870 33 89 for your vehicle.

There is no AUX in capability on that head-unit. (NTG1 on the R230 SL (or the W220 or W215, i.e the units made by Siemens))

If you talk to Alfie ([email protected]) there are other alternatives to replacing the CDC which will give you iPod and AUX input (all pretending to be the CD Changer.

Cheers
Richard

Thanks for that, Richard. I'll drop Alfie a line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom