Multi function display picture

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wayne P

Car
E class
Hi All,

I have just purchased my first Mercedes got a nearly new e250 coupe and love it.

A quick question if I may, on the multi function display when i pull off sometimes there appears a picture of the side of the car with what looks like 2 passengers sitting one from one back with out the doors on the car. This stays for a few seconds then clears.

Not sure if its a warning or anything but I cant find it in any manuals or searching on line to tell me what it signifying. Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Wayne

Thanks for the welcome and the advice.

Done a bit more digging and it does coincide with putting the rear seats down new large screen tv, the following thread finished abruptly with "can be disabled with a star" ?

mbworld

Anyone shed and light on this.

thanks

wayne

Thanks for the welcome and the advice.

Done a bit more digging and it does coincide with putting the rear seats down new large screen tv, the following thread finished abruptly with "can be disabled with a star" ?

mbworld

Anyone shed and light on this.

thanks

wayne

What the guy on MB world was explaining was the feature you are seeing can be removed (coded out) using the MB diagnostic system (STAR).

It is a useful feature if you have youngsters in the back and they haven't coupled up the seatbelts. Your car will alert you to this. I'd leave it as it is and just press OK if it annoys you on start up. Either that or just keep the rear belts buckled up when there is nobody in the rear.

Cheers I like the idea of leave it alone, at least i now know what it is. Wonder if MB ever consider fully documenting these things :eek:

Wayne

Cheers I like the idea of leave it alone, at least i now know what it is. Wonder if MB ever consider fully documenting these things :eek:

Wayne

More often Mercedes documents these features than owners read their documents. ;)

Attachments

• Rear seat belt status indicator.JPG
    Rear seat belt status indicator.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 13

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom