Multi function display

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kjgood

Car
Currently w211 E240, Porsche 911 C2 Cab, oh and a Fiesta
Strange one this. Before the snow came and meant i didnt use the car for a week or so, everything was fine with my multi function display inside the speedo.

When i started the car for the first time after the big freeze, it did start first time but struggled as though the battery was slightly run down. Then i noted the clock resetting itself. Apart from that all was fine.

Everything works perfectly, however the display has gone a bright yellowy green instead of being black with white wording/symbols. You can still see all the wording but its bright and yellow and not black as it should be.i also feel the indicator needle is brighter than normal.

When you turn the car off and remove the key, during the 30 second delay before the instrumentr cluster goes off totally the display starts to return to its normal colour. There are no malfunctions being reported either.

I have tried adjusting the dash display lighting level using the reset button but this doesnt affect the multi function display just all the other displays rev counter fuel/temp etc.

I did think about disconnecting the battery for a while to see if that reset things, anyone have any other ideas please?

BTW car is an 03 W211 E240.

My car did exactly the same my stereo re setted and the BAS light came on after the car warmed up i switched the car off and everything was normal and haven't had any problems since

The liquid in the LCD unit reacts poorly when in below freezing temps. As stated abouve, when it warms up it will be fine.:)

Many thanks, i hoped that was the case, drove the car 30 miles today but nothing changed, but it is still very cold out there.

still not working

The issues with my MFD are still there even though the car has been used 15 odd times.

Everything was fine before the big freeze, i started the car after it standing for a week in the snow. It started first time although the battery was lowish. The unusal thing was the clock immediatly reset, now this happens.

When the key is inserted the MFD screen is black with yellow writing instead of white.

When the ignition is turned on and the car started, the MFD screen goes brighter and turns yellowy with very faint yellow lettering in the center. This should be black and white. All the wording and symbols are there as normal, and functionality is normal, its just the brightness and colour.

If the footbrake is left on instead of a red symbol in the screen the whole screen goes bright bright red.

when the ignition is turned off, in the time that the display stays on whilst you exit it goes back black background with yellow letters.

would removing the battery reset this perhaps or is there a setting somewhere i've missed or god forbid is the screen totally knackered?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom