Multifunctional steering wheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roadie

Hi all, my new CLK has multifunctional steering wheel and I have a couple of questions relating to it.

Currently the head unit is an after market one and of course the volume etc is not controled by the steering wheel but I will be installing my own Pioneer X1 head unit at some point and i'm hoping I can utilise the functionality of the steering wheel, how can this be done if at all?

I also have what appears to be a standard Nokia phone cradle which is also used with the steering wheel and again can I use that function with my current phone an N95? The cradle unfortunately isn't wide enough to hold my N95 and the connection is also a long multi pin socket.

Oh, and one other point, as I know have a convertible my boot space is greatly reduced and my current woofer doesn't fit anymore so are there any convertible drivers who can recommend a suitable one? I've looked at this one which physicaly would suit perfectly but i've no idea on the quality.

Photos will be coming soon as soon as I get a chance.

Any head unit you fit must be CAN compatible to work with the Multi Function Steering Wheel. Why don't you fit a comand?

With regards to the cradle there is not one available for the N95 however the SAP V2 will allow it to work via bluetooth and with your MFSW. These are over £300 from the dealer (see my add in clasified).

What year is your car? Pioneer is one of the manufacturers who make a Mercedes interface:
http://www.online-caraudio.co.uk/shopscr926.html
You may be scuttled on the phone front, however.

And you probably don't want to be asking this crowd where you should stick your woofer, from what I've seen here.

Alpine make an interface too

Why don't you fit a comand?

Because I already own the Pioneer unit and take it from car to car, its an expensive unit with loads of bells and whistles from an awesome Sat Nav, Ipod connection and reversing camera so I really don't want to change it.

My model is a late 2000 so unfortunately Defiant none of those interfaces will do the trick.

I guessed there might be a few rolled eyes to the mention of a woofer :rolleyes:

I suppose the Alpine interface will only work on Alpine head units Alps?

You suppossed correctly, Alpine Interface will only work with Alpine units!

hi,

with regards to your phone cradle you will need an adaptori beleive to get it to work with an N95. It is is a 2000 model then you will not have a UHI connector to use the SAP cradle.

You will therefor be looking for the ViseeO MBU-1000 which is also compatible with your N95.

there are more details on www.itjustworks.co.uk and you can buy the kit from various places

What year is your car? Pioneer is one of the manufacturers who make a Mercedes interface:
http://www.online-caraudio.co.uk/shopscr926.html
You may be scuttled on the phone front, however.

And you probably don't want to be asking this crowd where you should stick your woofer, from what I've seen here.

I would be a bit cautious with these adapters. On another forum an owner commented that the new after market radio does switch stations nicely from the steering wheel. Unfortunately the radio did keep on changing stations also when browsing certain cluster menus for completely other purposes. This was a 200 Euro adapter.

I don't remember the brand and I don't have any personal experience with these, so the problem may even not exist any more.

Would anyone know which Nokia phone fits this cradle? I'm not going to go Bluetooth so I would look on fleabay for a 2nd phone to use while driving but i'm not sure which one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom