Multimedia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

avarrasam

Car
W213 E class estate
I have a 2017 E class estate W213 and I have just got a new Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra phone.
On trying to connect my phone to the multimedia system it says in the car I get a message saying the connected device is not supported.

Can anyone point me in a direction to where I can get the software updated so I can connect my phone via the USB connection so I can listen to my music while traveling.

Many thanks

Gordon

Try changing the usb port. Have you installed android auto?

I have a 2017 E class estate W213 and I have just got a new Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra phone.
On trying to connect my phone to the multimedia system it says in the car I get a message saying the connected device is not supported.

Can anyone point me in a direction to where I can get the software updated so I can connect my phone via the USB connection so I can listen to my music while traveling.

Many thanks

Gordon
Why use USB? surely Bluetooth is more convenient.

Many thanks

Gordon
Of all the possible solutions I found the following quite bizarre :

“Hi,

Apologies for not responding, after speaking with Mercedes I was informed of the fault.

In Mercedes cars the USB port for Android Play has been wired incorrectly. In order to fix it you have to book your car in and apparently it’s a 20 minute job to put it right.

They informed me of a temporary fix which you will find funny but surprisingly it worked:-

1. Connect your phone using the Android Play USB
  2. Turn your dashboard lights up to full
  3. Turn your headlights into the on position
  4. The car will recognise your phone and connect to Android Play.
I have a 2019 Mercedes and this worked, I even changed the headlights back to automatic whilst it was connected and it disconnected, moving it back to the On position it reconnected.

This fix also works with Apple Play.”

From Android Auto with Mercedes

Why use USB? surely Bluetooth is more convenient.
Hi Derek
Bluetooth doesn’t bring up the app tiles from your phone like Google maps or Spotify where connection to the USB and android auto does.

Thanks

Gordon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom