Muppet got what he deserved this morning.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AJA

Car
S212 2014 E250 CDI AMG Sport
I had to nip into work this morning, and on my way home I noticed a Kia 'whatever' was travelling very close behind me. I gave a little sqeeze on the loud pedal to enlarge the gap, but the muppet behind thought I was encouraging him. I had my son in the car so I wasn't going to bite.

We then travelled through a 20mph zone (practically a pedestrian zone where there's always kids playing) so I stuck to 20mph obviously. I could see in the distance a bus waiting at the set of traffic lights which were on red.

Suddenly this muppet decided he wanted to overtake. The lights had just changed amber/green at this time and he decided he was going to overtake the bus too. This meant him going passed the traffic lights on the wrong side of the road. What he hadn't accounted for was a Corsa in front of the bus turning right. As he got level with the bus the Corsa crossed his path. He took avoiding action but still side swiped the Corsa.

I wonder what his excuse was to the Corsa driver.

Some crazy people out there.

But... he may have got what he deserved, but the Corsa driver did not deserver this.

I agree with you totally. The bus driver stopped and helped out so he's a witness for the Corsa driver.

I agree with you totally. The bus driver stopped and helped out so he's a witness for the Corsa driver.

Why didn't you gve your contact details too incase Corsa driver needed another witness?

I had to nip into work this morning, and on my way home I noticed a Kia 'whatever' was travelling very close behind me. I gave a little sqeeze on the loud pedal to enlarge the gap, but the muppet behind thought I was encouraging him. I had my son in the car so I wasn't going to bite.

We then travelled through a 20mph zone (practically a pedestrian zone where there's always kids playing) so I stuck to 20mph obviously. I could see in the distance a bus waiting at the set of traffic lights which were on red.

Suddenly this muppet decided he wanted to overtake. The lights had just changed amber/green at this time and he decided he was going to overtake the bus too. This meant him going passed the traffic lights on the wrong side of the road. What he hadn't accounted for was a Corsa in front of the bus turning right. As he got level with the bus the Corsa crossed his path. He took avoiding action but still side swiped the Corsa.

I wonder what his excuse was to the Corsa driver.
Should be banned for lfe before the "driver" kills someone

I noticed a Kia 'whatever' was travelling very close behind me. I gave a little sqeeze on the loud pedal to enlarge the gap, but the muppet behind thought I was encouraging him. I had my son in the car so I wasn't going to bite.

But you did bite, you've tried to 'enlarge the gap' (speed away from him) between yourselves.

So you're not entirely innocent in this whole situation.

Hmm, not sure I entirely agree.

My definition of biting is pulling away and leaving the fecker standing.

Merely increasing the gap if someone is up your rse is slightly different.

However, saying that, I never increase the gap and usually decline in speed gradually.

The offending turd can then either be held up or overtake.

I too would add to the weight of evidence for the cops although I would imagine these days, bugger all will happen to the offending driver anyway.

Hmm, not sure I entirely agree.

My definition of biting is pulling away and leaving the fecker standing.

Merely increasing the gap if someone is up your rse is slightly different.

However, saying that, I never increase the gap and usually decline in speed gradually.

The offending turd can then either be held up or overtake.

I too would add to the weight of evidence for the cops although I would imagine these days, bugger all will happen to the offending driver anyway.

+1 with JohnEBoy. I also would have looked after myself first. Was it a "bite" or just making sure the "bubble" around you is maintained.

Good point. I may give Greater Manchester Police a call and see what the score is.

Sounds like you'd be a more useful witness than the bus driver anyway, as you can attest to the driver's behaviour in the lead up to the accident - lest he tries to dismiss it as a momentary lapse of judgement.

+1 with JohnEBoy. I also would have looked after myself first. Was it a "bite" or just making sure the "bubble" around you is maintained.

I can't stand here and say that I'm an angel on the road, but if someone behind me is driving like a pr1ck, I pull in and let them get past so they can get on with it.

Very annoyingly, it'll probably be a knock-for-knock insurance claim. There have been a few cases where people turning right have collided with overtaking traffic - and the right-turner has had to take at least some of the blame for lack of observation.

Overtaking Vehicles That Turn Right

Very annoyingly, it'll probably be a knock-for-knock insurance claim. There have been a few cases where people turning right have collided with overtaking traffic - and the right-turner has had to take at least some of the blame for lack of observation.
Overtaking Vehicles That Turn Right

That link is a very different scenario though. Its a motorbike filtering slowly past stationary traffic which is often done still on the correct side of the road. A stationary car then decides to turn right into a field (or u-turn) and just turns without looking, checking mirrors or indicating. The slowly filtering motorbike cannot stop in time to avoid hitting the side of the car. As filtering is treated as a grey area by Police I can see how that could be argued knock for knock.

I don't think that scenario would have any bearing on the Kia driver overtaking two vehicles on the wrong side of the road through a set of traffic lights though. If Police do take statements I bet there is a good chance Kia driver may be looking at being charged for something like dangerous driving.

Kia driver may be looking at being charged for something like dangerous driving.

Overtaking at a junction - an absolute no no. Dangerous driving is the charge. 18 month ban, big fine, re-sit test at end of ban. Mr Corsa doesn't know what's coming his way. They will rape him in court.

This is getting out of hand. The other day I had an accident because some idiot tried to perform a u-turn right in front of me without indicating and also u-turns are banned on that road any way.

Getiing back to the OP, yes I think you should get the police to pass your details to the corsa driver as you would be a better witness as others have said.

Last year a similar thing happened to on a residential street. I was doing around 20 - 25 mph when a boy racer suddenly decided to overtake me on the wrong side of the road and also take the wrong exit. What he didn't bargain for was a car turning into the road from the other side and yes it happened, a very serious accident, I stopped my car, gave him a piece of my mind and also my details to the other driver...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom