Murder hunt launched after man dies trying to stop car thieves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Last Monday this happened just 200m from me , the crooks have no shame / fear / morals these days. Broad daylight and mid afternoon with no attempt to "not" being picked up on CCTV, worrying time indeed.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/uncategorized/883959/paisley-theft-car-thieves-bmw-police-appeal/

Kenny

Odd... how much is a 12-plate 1-Series worth anyway? You would have thought that if they were going for armed robbery, they might as well respond to an Aston ad... must have been terrifying experience for the family though.

Odd... how much is a 12-plate 1-Series worth anyway? You would have thought that if they were going for armed robbery, they might as well respond to an Aston ad... must have been terrifying experience for the family though.

Probably stolen to order as a "ringer" or broken for bits , easy to sell parts as there are loads of 1 series about and there is not much call for an Aston DB7 interior in Paisley.

Kenny

Stolen to do more crime with tbh. The S3 / Golf R are the most liked vehicles for scum of the earth to do the despicable sh!t they get up to . Manchester has a huge car theft problem and these cars are on the top of the stolen list.

My mate is an ex traffic cop from Glasgow who now lives in Manchester and was actually involved in a police chase after a stolen S3 sideswiped his GL last month on Kingsway in Manchester.

Utter scum , our legal system is far to weak in dealing with these idiots .... now where did I put Duertes phone number.

Utter scum , our legal system is far to weak in dealing with these idiots .... now where did I put Duertes phone number.

Agreed. With any luck the turds that did this will be grassed up.
The charge should also be murder, not manslaughter, and a full life sentence handed out. I'd give no mercy for killers.:wallbash:

Have a look at this:

Sales manager who tried to send Facebook birthday message while driving killed pensioner

Wendy Thompson certainly did not intend to kill or injure anyone.

And she would have been aware of several cases where drivers were sent to prison for 2,3,4, or 5 years for similar offences.

So why did she do it then?

Because presumably she has done this many times before without being caught. And because she probably knew quite a few people who did the same and never got caught.

Under these circumstances, the severe punishments were not a deterrent because the chances of it applying to her were very small indeed.

And if all those killer drivers before her received a 10 or 15 year sentence it would still have made no difference to her, because in her eyes she was very unlikely to get caught.

Think about it this way: she could have died in the crash. Or become paralysed for life. She new that, and yet she did it anyway. If death or life in a wheelchair were not deterrent enough.... how will a few more years in prison be a deterrent?

There is little point in dishing our harsh punishments when only a very small portion of offenders actually get caught. Would-be offenders do not think this relates to them anyway.

As for the police.... the car was found very quickly and an arrest was made within 24 hours. But that's because a man lost his life. Had Mr. Samwell not woken up, and the S3 simply got stolen.... how long would it have taken for the police to apprehend the suspect? And that's where the issue lies. We bring to bear the full might of the law - enforcement and justice - only if any horses have bolted.... but as long as they are in still the stable, we only do a half-hearted attempt at trying to stop them, because 'resources are stretched'. Which makes no sense at all.

Last edited:
Sad news . They should do what they did in the usa and hang them from the tree for stealing a mans horse . It is your life line at times . The same as it was in the old wild west . But i have said this all along , if i catch anyone that is going to take my car.I will give him his wings .He wont need a car anymore where he is going he will only be able to fly.

I'm the opposite.

I would fight to protect my wife and child but I wouldnt risk my life over a lump of metal.

It's Murder - simple. Scum like this should not be let away. When will judges understand that the law is not always correct , there has to be some form of reality attached to the decisions they make.

Look at Indonesia, do you think the scumbags there think about dealing drugs anymore ?
Look at the UAE, Saudia etc , there's no crime like this there. My cousin lives in Dubai , he has a Huracan and he's never locked it - no joke ,in the shopping mall,outside on the street , outside his house etc.

It's Murder - simple. Scum like this should not be let away. When will judges understand that the law is not always correct , there has to be some form of reality attached to the decisions they make.

Look at Indonesia, do you think the scumbags there think about dealing drugs anymore ?
Look at the UAE, Saudia etc , there's no crime like this there. My cousin lives in Dubai , he has a Huracan and he's never locked it - no joke ,in the shopping mall,outside on the street , outside his house etc.

This is the UK not some despotic regime in the Middle East. In Saudi Arabia they torture and kill opponents of the regime and jail people for engaging in "un-Islamic" activities such as women driving cars or wearing "immodest" clothing.

The criminal justice system here is far from perfect but I wouldn't swap it for any of those that you advocate thank you very much.

I'm the opposite.

I would fight to protect my wife and child but I wouldnt risk my life over a lump of metal.

Ditto.

A few years back I went to a lunchtime talk at work by a couple of security consultants. Talking about burglars/muggers/etc. their message was simple - what possession do you have that's worth being killed or crippled or scarred for life for? For many people it's human nature to want to defend their property, but afterwards if it goes wrong will your wife/family/etc. think it was worth it?

The incident in the OP is tragic and obviously we don't know the full details, but if the bad guys are outside with the car keys and driving away ... rationally, just let them go.

This is the UK not some despotic regime in the Middle East. In Saudi Arabia they torture and kill opponents of the regime and jail people for engaging in "un-Islamic" activities such as women driving cars or wearing "immodest" clothing.

The criminal justice system here is far from perfect but I wouldn't swap it for any of those that you advocate thank you very much.
I think you're running late for you EDL meeting mate.

All I said was, they punish you for severely for stealing. They don't suffer from crime such as this.

I think you're running late for you EDL meeting mate.

All I said was, they punish you for severely for stealing. They don't suffer from crime such as this.

I think you're making the worst possible comparisons and don't see what the EDL has to do with anything.

As I stated, our criminal justice system is extremely flawed but contrary to your views judges have sentencing guidelines for each offence and can't simply "attach reality to the decisions they make".

So advocating systems that perpetrate human rights violations to prop up unelected regimes really is a nonsensical knee-jerk reaction.

"prop up unelected regimes "

Don't be so naive as to how this all works. The people in power of "these countries" are the ones who play ball with the west. They were "elected" by the West.

I'm totally in favour of severe punishment for these types of crimes - do you think the scum who killed this guy should ever be released from prison ? , I bet you they get 15 years and out in 7.

Off course Scott is right.

"prop up unelected regimes "

Don't be so naive as to how this all works. The people in power of "these countries" are the ones who play ball with the west. They were "elected" by the West.

I'm aware that these regimes are supported by the West as we want access to their oil but they are unelected by their own people and perpetrate every kind of abuse to preserve their position. Here's some of that EDL propaganda for you:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/saudi-arabias-human-rights-abuses-10-examples-a6794576.html

I'm totally in favour of severe punishment for these types of crimes - do you think the scum who killed this guy should ever be released from prison ? , I bet you they get 15 years and out in 7.

See post #15.

Last edited:

Be careful what you wish for.

In the south of Italy tourists are advised to lock their cars' doors while stopped at traffic lights.

And yet you will often see on the pier or at the seafront a convertible red Ferrari or Lamborghini, parked with the roof down and sometimes even with personal possessions left inside.

Why? Because everyone knows who this car belongs to and no one would dare touch it. If they do, 'Instant Karma' does not begin to describe what might follow.

Is this the kind of 'crime free' society that we want to live in?

We're all right.

I don't want to start a war of words.

All I meant to say is. Some countries have such strict laws dealing with this type of crime that the populous don't even think about behaving in this manner.Maybe we should make sentencing a bit harsher to deter future idiots doing the same thing.

Mark as always will apply the correct reasoning .

It is possible to create a country of vastly law abiding people, not by very clear boundaries and severe consequences, but by blurred lines.

China is such a place, whereby in detail the law is actually not clear at all to the general population. Fascinatingly, there is a wide grey "line" between right and wrong and the people tend not to push up against it as they simply don't know where it is. Contrast that with a society, our society, where even a primary school kid can make his teacher's life hell as he knows his rights and what the school can and can't do.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom