Murder hunt launched after man dies trying to stop car thieves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gr1nch

Car
2017 W222 S350d AMG Line Premium Plus : Iridium Silver and Black Nappa
Murder hunt launched after man dies trying to stop car thieves

Poor bloke. I know you're not meant to get involved and just claim on insurance, but I can understand reacting to having your home broken into, whilst you're in it, and have your pride and joy getting driven off with whatever possessions you have inside.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Sad story, guy tries to defend what is his and dies for it.

Lets hope the thieves left plenty of DNA so they can be picked up later.

^ All behaviour is driven by consequences and in the UK the consequences of any crime committed is extremely low.

Just hope they are caught and get a 'right wing' judge.............hang the b@st@rds!!

poormansporsche said:
It involves a car so won't be murder by the time it gets to Court ...
And they were probably off their heads on drugs. Therefore they will get community service.

A 21 year old has been arrested in connection with the "murder", according to latest reports, if charged and found guilty I hope he rots in jail.

^ All behaviour is driven by consequences and in the UK the consequences of any crime committed is extremely low.

This is exactly what I believe. Yes, some people do have a moral code but a great many more are only kept in line by fear of consequence.

As I mentioned in a different thread... the deterrent effect is made of a combination of the probability of getting caught and the severity of the punishment.

If the police would make a point to fully investigate and apply all required resources to each and every case of car theft or attempted car theft, then thieves would understand very quickly that you can't steal a car without getting caught and there would no longer be any car thefts. And no one would die while trying to prevent one.

The car thieves did not set out to kill Mike Samwell, just as Clayton Williams did not intend to kill PC Dave Phillips - and getting 20 years after having been found guilty of manslaughter will make no difference to other would-be car thieves as they do not plan on killing anyone, they do not expect this theft to go wrong as they have stolen many cars before with no issue, and they do not believe the police will ever catch them anyway.

Make sure that ALL car theft is investigated and prosecuted... this will be a far more effective deterrent than waiting for someone to get killed and then sentencing the killers to lengthy prison terms.

The car thieves did not set out to kill Mike Samwell, just as Clayton Williams did not intend to kill PC Dave Phillips - and getting 20 years after having been found guilty of manslaughter will make no difference to other would-be car thieves as they do not plan on killing anyone, they do not expect this theft to go wrong as they have stolen many cars before with no issue, and they do not believe the police will ever catch them anyway.

This case will almost certainly result in a charge of manslaughter rather than murder and a sentence of 20 years is unlikely (the sentence handed down to Williams was particularly severe for manslaughter and reflected the fact that he had killed a police officer in the line of duty).

I would guess that a sentence of 10 -12 years would be a more likely outcome here (much of which will be spent on open conditions with unlimited access to TV and computer games) and out of jail after only 5 - 6 years.

It depends what his wife/girlfriend witnessed.

If they drove over him deliberately then surely second degree murder...1st degree involves intent to murder.

It depends what his wife/girlfriend witnessed.

If they drove over him deliberately then surely second degree murder...1st degree involves intent to murder.

It hasn't been mentioned, but the incident may have been caught on CCTV - there are quite a few cameras about these days, operated by various parties. No doubt the police will make enquires and gather footage from any CCTV camera in the area.

...No doubt the police will make enquires and gather footage from any CCTV camera in the area.

But of course, had they done that for every car theft, and not just once horse has bolted....

markjay said:
It hasn't been mentioned, but the incident may have been caught on CCTV - there are quite a few cameras about these days, operated by various parties. No doubt the police will make enquires and gather footage from any CCTV camera in the area.
And no doubt arrest the owners for spying/data protection/ human rights/insert your own so the defence lawyer will then rule it inadmissible in court.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom