Murray through

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Benzmanc

MB Enthusiast
Car
Tesla Model 3 + Honda Blackbird
To the Wimbledon final, first Brit to make it since 1938. No doubt he will be destroyed by Federer and when he loses he will become a scot and not a Brit. Oh well there's always next year.

Above should be taken with tongue in cheek

To the Wimbledon final, first Brit to make it since 1938. No doubt he will be destroyed by Federer and when he loses he will become a scot and not a Brit. Oh well there's always next year.

Above should be taken with tongue in cheek

Can't stand the bloke. When asked to play for Britain he makes a big thing about being Scottish, yet he has got to where he is now in no small part because of English support, money and use of facilities.

He is a talented player, but I hope Federer thrashes him on Sunday.

Remember those who assist you on the way up...

He'll no doubt go on to win now I've posted that !

Nah he's got no chance, the FedEx express will destroy him, be good to see him cry tho, the big girls blouse :D

The BBC stopped all local news programmes , despite numerous bad weather reports that people like me were wanting to hear, for the most monotonous and boring game ever invented. Absolutely ridiculous

The BBC stopped all local news programmes , despite numerous bad weather reports that people like me were wanting to hear, for the most monotonous and boring game ever invented. Absolutely ridiculous

I think football wins that title with golf a close second :D

Never let the facts get in the way of prejudice eh. Murray owes very little to the English tennis establishment and his international success on the professional circuit is probably due precisely to that fact.

Education: Schiller International School Spain, Dunblane High School Scotland

He has won $20 million in prize money since making his professional debut in 2003. Adidas German showed their faith in him in 2009, signing him up for a five-year deal worth more than £10m. That deal was the first secured by Murray since switching management agency to Simon Fuller’s XIX Entertainment, which also manages David Beckham. Murray also has sponsorship deals with Head rackets Austria and the Royal Bank of Scotland, with whom Murray was happy to negotiate downwards when the bank got into difficulty in early 2009. A further deal worth £1m a year with Highland Spring Scotland water came to an end last February. In June 2012, the Swiss watch manufacturer Rado announced that Murray had signed a deal to wear their D-Star 200 model.

Never let the facts get in the way of prejudice eh. Murray owes very little to the English tennis establishment and his international success on the professional circuit is probably due precisely to that fact.

Education: Schiller International School Spain, Dunblane High School Scotland

He has won $20 million in prize money since making his professional debut in 2003. Adidas German showed their faith in him in 2009, signing him up for a five-year deal worth more than £10m. That deal was the first secured by Murray since switching management agency to Simon Fuller’s XIX Entertainment, which also manages David Beckham. Murray also has sponsorship deals with Head rackets Austria and the Royal Bank of Scotland, with whom Murray was happy to negotiate downwards when the bank got into difficulty in early 2009. A further deal worth £1m a year with Highland Spring Scotland water came to an end last February. In June 2012, the Swiss watch manufacturer Rado announced that Murray had signed a deal to wear their D-Star 200 model.

It would seem I am mis-informed and a 4 year, well honed, hatred of the guy has been for incorrect reasons. Genuinely thank you for enlightening me.

I stand corrected.

And once I have sat down again, I will revert to reason two, which is only newly born, but much more accurate...He's a boring driech fart. :devil:

I'm pleased he's through, though I would prefer it if he managed to show some delight at the fact, why does he always seem so melancholic.

Whilst I also cannot stand him and have told my family I will leave the country if he wins - which will also mean he wins sports personality if the year, I believe he was at school at the time of the terrible tragedy at Dunblane. Anyone who can come through that and achieve what he has deserves a little respect.

And Murray makes a big deal about being Scottish because.......

Can't stand the bloke. When asked to play for Britain he makes a big thing about being Scottish, yet he has got to where he is now in no small part because of English support, money and use of facilities.

He is a talented player, but I hope Federer thrashes him on Sunday.

Remember those who assist you on the way up..

And Murray makes a big deal about being Scottish because.......

Not sure what point you are trying to make there, I have already stated that I was mis-informed and thanked the previous poster for putting me right ?

Making my erroneous statement bold, can't make me more ill-informed, perhaps you want to make it red next with marching ants font ?

Last edited:

I have sympathy with you, but surely nothing is more boring than zonal north American sports made for advertising like basketball, american football and ice hockey.

The simple fact is that it doesn't matter where he comes from, he's a maungy & ungrateful (insert your own expletive).

I do however find it quite amusing how much money gets poured into 'British' tennis and all they've come up with is Murray and that other gadgey that's in the doubles.

I have sympathy with you, but surely nothing is more boring than zonal north American sports made for advertising like basketball, american football and ice hockey.

Yes but they are on minority channels not mainstream BBC1 at peak viewing. They could have kept the news schedule and put the tennis onto BBC2.

He's a boring driech fart and I wish he and his sport would go away.

Just cos you don't like a Scotsman in the final of the All England Tennis championship there's no need to speak about Sir Alex [it was a game of two halves Motty] Ferguson like that. ;)

Yes but they are on minority channels not mainstream BBC1 at peak viewing. They could have kept the news schedule and put the tennis onto BBC2.

why bother... BBC news is a 24/7 channel in it's own right... what difference does it make whether it is on BBC1?

not that the Tennis matters a fig to me..

Ban football and make the world a happier place :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom